Is Blogger v2 deprecated? Is Atom publishing protocol deprecated for Blogger?

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Is Blogger v2 deprecated? Is Atom publishing protocol deprecated for Blogger? gavenkoa 6/23/12 2:03 PM

I run command:

  $ curl -s -k \
                --header "Authorization: GoogleLogin auth="`cat web/login-auth.txt` \
                --header "GData-Version: 2" \
        http://www.blogger.com/feeds/default/template

which previously dump my blog template, but now seems this URL does not work,
I get error:

  The feed specified by http://www.blogger.com/feeds/6734527039160439299/template is not enabled

It look like Blogger v2 API is depricated and only v3 allowed...

I just read v3 API:

  https://developers.google.com/blogger/docs/3.0/using#AddingAPost

and found that example use only JSON data format. Is this
mean that XML with Atom publishing protocol disappear??

--
Best regards!
Re: [bloggerDev] Is Blogger v2 deprecated? Is Atom publishing protocol deprecated for Blogger? Brett Morgan 6/23/12 6:39 PM

We have had to drop undocumented API components as feature changes in the product made them untenable to support. The Blogger GData API continues to be supported as documented. I'll take this as a vote for getting Template support into our Blogger API v3.

As to future product directions, I cannot comment. What I can do is take input from the community and feed that into our engineering and product discussions as we continue to move Blogger forward.

brett

--
Best regards!

Brett Morgan

Developer Relations Engineer, Blogger

Re: [bloggerDev] Is Blogger v2 deprecated? Is Atom publishing protocol deprecated for Blogger? diegodorado 7/12/12 4:28 PM

Please Brett, give template support back to blogger.
I'm also needing it; as a developer, uploading the template trough the admin panel is a pane, as i was doing it with curl before blogger drop that feature

It was working just well some time before

Diego
Re: [bloggerDev] Is Blogger v2 deprecated? Is Atom publishing protocol deprecated for Blogger? Brett Morgan 7/12/12 5:02 PM
I understand your frustration Diego. We had to remove the undocumented (GData) based path for editing templates. I'll take this as a request to implement template editing in Blogger API v3. Thanks!

brett

Brett Morgan | Developer Relations Engineer, Blogger | brett...@google.com | +61-411-985-703
Re: [bloggerDev] Is Blogger v2 deprecated? Is Atom publishing protocol deprecated for Blogger? diegodorado 7/12/12 7:38 PM
I'll do it by hand meanwhile... but it is a shame since it was working..

hope it is implemented soon.

thanks for the quick reply!

2012/7/12 Brett Morgan <brett...@google.com>:
--