A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft

Showing 1-12 of 12 messages
A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft John LeSueur 6/25/12 12:52 PM
Is there a list of fields in the api that are read-only?

It appears that published is a read-only field in the api, as it is ignored in either POST, PUT, or PATCH requests. Given that, it seems that using the api to either schedule a post for the future, or to save a post as a draft is impossible, other than falling back to old, deprecated apis. Any ideas?

Thanks,
John
Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft Brett Morgan 7/2/12 4:59 PM
Hi John,

Properly handling scheduled posts via the API is on our TODO list. No promises on timeframe, however.

brett
Re: [bloggerDev] Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft Volter Quant 7/3/12 8:16 PM
This is really an issue.

So I give a "+1" for this feature request. Please make "published" writable as soon as possible.

This is the last missing function for a successful migration from xmlrpc to the JSON API.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 16:59:13 -0700 (PDT)
> Von: Brett Morgan <brett...@google.com>
> An: blogg...@googlegroups.com
> Betreff: [bloggerDev] Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft
Re: [bloggerDev] Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft Brett Morgan 7/5/12 9:45 PM
Thanks Volter

Brett Morgan | Developer Relations Engineer, Blogger | brett...@google.com | +61-411-985-703
Re: [bloggerDev] Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft Marcus Titze 8/6/12 6:58 PM
Totally agree on these feature requests for the Blogger JSON API:
+1 for a writable "published" field
+1 for scheduled posts
Re: [bloggerDev] Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft Brett Morgan 8/7/12 10:33 AM
We hear you Marcus.

Mind you, writable published field and scheduled posts is really one feature request - one without the other doesn't make sense =)

brett

Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft helloworld922 11/22/12 12:11 AM
+1 for this feature request.

Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft dind 12/6/12 12:27 PM
+1 this also
Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft Misha M.-Kupriyanov 1/26/13 11:25 AM
/me also waiting for writable "published" attribute
Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft National Youth Science Forum 8/13/13 7:55 PM
Brett... any e.t.a. on this feature?
Re: [bloggerDev] Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft Brett Morgan 8/13/13 11:31 PM
As a matter of policy we don't discuss future product plans. Sorry!

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:55 PM, National Youth Science Forum <webm...@nysf.edu.au> wrote:
Brett... any e.t.a. on this feature?

Brett Morgan | Developer Relations Engineer, Google Maps | brett...@google.com | profiles.google.com/brettmorgan
Re: A list of read-only fields in blogger v3 api, aka save post as draft Francis Ho 8/28/13 9:45 AM
How about updating the Javadoc of the setter methods to reflect that the field cannot be modified?