Adding HTML/JAVASCRIPT gadget to dynamic template.

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Adding HTML/JAVASCRIPT gadget to dynamic template. neel iyer 6/25/12 8:06 PM
Hi,

How can I add HTML/JAVASCRIPT gadget to my dynamic template ?
Re: [bloggerDev] Adding HTML/JAVASCRIPT gadget to dynamic template. Brett Morgan 6/26/12 10:05 AM
Hi Neel,

There is currently no process for adding gadgets to dynamic templates. Thanks for the vote of interest!

brett

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM, neel iyer <kniye...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

How can I add HTML/JAVASCRIPT gadget to my dynamic template ?

Brett Morgan

Developer Relations Engineer, Blogger

Re: [bloggerDev] Adding HTML/JAVASCRIPT gadget to dynamic template. John Pettitt 6/27/12 9:37 AM
Brett

+1 on dynamic templates.    Given that blogger funnels new users toward dynamic templates this factors into how we prioritize blogger in our dev queue.    It feels like effort put into blogger is only applicable to a legacy model that you are moving away from, while the sheer size of blogger still make this important it greatly complicates our world because we can't simply say "we support blogger" - we have to add a caveat the we support the legacy UI and not the dynamic one which sounds lame and discorages people from installing the product.

Please impress on the product team that fact that new "features" that cut off existing 3rd party developers without any upgrade path are a huge red flag for future relationships and resource allocation decisions.

John
Re: [bloggerDev] Adding HTML/JAVASCRIPT gadget to dynamic template. gusreiber 11/12/12 10:38 AM
+1.

The Dynamic Templates are really nicely done, though it does seem like the script that makes them all work is a little fragile.

...so while I can understand why Gadget extensiblity doesn't exist now, I really, really, wish it did.