Angstrom and ARMHF on Beaglebone

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Angstrom and ARMHF on Beaglebone Jan Szymanski 10/2/12 3:18 PM
Hi,

 Is Angstrom using a hardware floating point on the Beaglebone images?
I see,there are 2 different versions of Ubuntu (with and without armhf).
What is the practical difference?

Jan
Re: [beagleboard] Angstrom and ARMHF on Beaglebone Philip 10/3/12 5:30 AM
armhf is an abi, not whether code uses the floating point units.
Angstrom uses teh NEON unit for floating point. I am not sure if
Ubuntu does (it may fall back to the vfp unit, which is not as good)

Philip
Re: [beagleboard] Angstrom and ARMHF on Beaglebone Grant 10/3/12 7:15 AM
> Angstrom uses teh NEON unit for floating point. I am not sure if
> Ubuntu does (it may fall back to the vfp unit, which is not as good)

Does anyone know how Gentoo handles this?

- Grant