Boris is spreading mustaches around at DESIGN East

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
Boris is spreading mustaches around at DESIGN East Jason Kridner 9/18/12 1:23 PM
Boris has been spreading mustaches around DESIGN East, sporting a
BeagleBone-based BeagleStache[1] collar running OpenCV face detection
with an added mustache. The demo is tomorrow, Sept 19th at 3PM in the
DESIGN East Theater located on the Expo Floor, during the DESIGN East
Gadget Freak DIY Lab[2]. There is a thread on Google+[3].

[1] http://beagleboard.org/project/stache (includes a couple of pictures)
[2] http://east.ubmdesign.com/expo/design-east-theater
[3] https://plus.google.com/u/1/104712705716996155416/posts/HQGjtxoQU27
Re: Boris is spreading mustaches around at DESIGN East Mark A. Yoder 10/1/12 4:03 PM
This looks like fun.  I'm trying to grow my own mustache, but it's not taking.  Here's what I've done
  1. I've cloned the github [1]
  2. I've plugged in my 7 inch DVI cape and powered up.
  3. Plugged in the PS EYE and /dev/video0 appears.  dmesg | tail reports
[  417.929607] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using musb-hdrc
    [  418.071850] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1415, idProduct=2000
      [  418.071869] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
        [  418.071883] usb 1-1: Product: USB Camera-B4.04.27.1
          [  418.071894] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: OmniVision Technologies, Inc.
            [  418.110913] gspca_main: v2.14.0 registered
              [  418.124377] gspca_main: ov534-2.14.0 probing 1415:2000
                [  418.287330] usbcore: registered new interface driver ov534
                1. I run stache with ./stache 0 but capture = cvCaptureFromCAM(numCamera); always returns 0.
                  What am I missing?
                  Re: [beagleboard] Re: Boris is spreading mustaches around at DESIGN East Jason Kridner 10/1/12 9:48 PM


                  On Oct 1, 2012 6:03 PM, "Mark A. Yoder" <mark.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
                  >
                  > This looks like fun.  I'm trying to grow my own mustache, but it's not taking.  Here's what I've done
                  > I've cloned the github [1]
                  > I've plugged in my 7 inch DVI cape and powered up.
                  > Plugged in the PS EYE and /dev/video0 appears.  dmesg | tail reports
                  > [  417.929607] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using musb-hdrc
                  > [  418.071850] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1415, idProduct=2000
                  > [  418.071869] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
                  > [  418.071883] usb 1-1: Product: USB Camera-B4.04.27.1
                  > [  418.071894] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: OmniVision Technologies, Inc.
                  > [  418.110913] gspca_main: v2.14.0 registered
                  > [  418.124377] gspca_main: ov534-2.14.0 probing 1415:2000
                  > [  418.287330] usbcore: registered new interface driver ov534
                  > I run stache with ./stache 0 but capture = cvCaptureFromCAM(numCamera); always returns 0.

                  Did you try without the 0 argument?

                  > What am I missing?
                  >
                  > --Mark
                  >
                  > [1] git://github.com/jadonk/stache.git
                  >
                  > On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:23:36 PM UTC-4, Jason Kridner wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Boris has been spreading mustaches around DESIGN East, sporting a
                  >> BeagleBone-based BeagleStache[1] collar running OpenCV face detection
                  >> with an added mustache. The demo is tomorrow, Sept 19th at 3PM in the
                  >> DESIGN East Theater located on the Expo Floor, during the DESIGN East
                  >> Gadget Freak DIY Lab[2]. There is a thread on Google+[3].
                  >>
                  >> [1] http://beagleboard.org/project/stache (includes a couple of pictures)
                  >> [2] http://east.ubmdesign.com/expo/design-east-theater
                  >> [3] https://plus.google.com/u/1/104712705716996155416/posts/HQGjtxoQU27
                  >
                  > --
                  >  
                  >  

                  Re: Boris is spreading mustaches around at DESIGN East Mark A. Yoder 10/2/12 11:18 AM
                  Yes, same result.  

                  --Mark


                  On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:23:36 PM UTC-4, Jason Kridner wrote:
                  Re: [beagleboard] Re: Boris is spreading mustaches around at DESIGN East Jason Kridner 10/3/12 4:16 AM

                  Are you invoking from an xterm on the LCD?

                  --
                   
                   
                  Re: Boris is spreading mustaches around at DESIGN East Mark A. Yoder 10/3/12 5:21 AM
                  I've tried both opening a terminal on the screen and running that way, and ssh'ing in and running it that way. I get the same results.

                  I'm running the A6A image on an A5 bone.

                  --Mark

                  On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:23:36 PM UTC-4, Jason Kridner wrote:
                  Re: [beagleboard] Re: Boris is spreading mustaches around at DESIGN East Jason Kridner 10/3/12 8:03 PM
                  On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Mark A. Yoder <mark.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
                  > I've tried both opening a terminal on the screen and running that way, and
                  > ssh'ing in and running it that way. I get the same results.

                  I really don't think it could make much difference, but have you tried
                  running 'make && make install' then using the icon on the desktop?

                  Can you run 'cheese' or any other application that captures from the camera?

                  >
                  > I'm running the A6A image on an A5 bone.
                  >
                  > --Mark
                  >
                  > On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:23:36 PM UTC-4, Jason Kridner wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Boris has been spreading mustaches around DESIGN East, sporting a
                  >> BeagleBone-based BeagleStache[1] collar running OpenCV face detection
                  >> with an added mustache. The demo is tomorrow, Sept 19th at 3PM in the
                  >> DESIGN East Theater located on the Expo Floor, during the DESIGN East
                  >> Gadget Freak DIY Lab[2]. There is a thread on Google+[3].
                  >>
                  >> [1] http://beagleboard.org/project/stache (includes a couple of pictures)
                  >> [2] http://east.ubmdesign.com/expo/design-east-theater
                  >> [3] https://plus.google.com/u/1/104712705716996155416/posts/HQGjtxoQU27
                  >
                  > --
                  >
                  >
                  Re: Boris is spreading mustaches around at DESIGN East Mark A. Yoder 10/5/12 5:49 AM
                  Nope, cheese doesn't work either.  Sounds like a driver isn't working.  How do I fix it?


                  On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:23:36 PM UTC-4, Jason Kridner wrote:
                  Re: Boris is spreading mustaches around at DESIGN East Walter Schilling 11/6/13 4:23 AM
                  Did you ever manage to get this working?  I'm having similar problems.