Gstreamer on BB.

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Gstreamer on BB. Krcevina 10/8/12 2:20 PM
Hi everyone!

I have certain problems with getting gstreamer working on my BB. Okay, I can get it working when I give commands directly via terminal, but the thing I want is to cross-compile program with code in itself that would call gstreamer. I manage to do that on my PC under Linux, but when I cross compile it, I get a lot of  "unsafe cross-compilation" warnings and eventually exit status.

Can anyone point to me to place where I can found some code that can be actually cross-compiled. I want to snapshot one 240x320 image on demand in gray-scale.

Thanks!
Re: Gstreamer on BB. bizulk 10/8/12 11:20 PM

"but when I cross compile it, I get a lot of  "unsafe cross-compilation" warnings and eventually exit status."

Hi !
First did you manage to compile the dependencies (glib, lixml2, etc...). ?
If not you should.
Now it must be because you don't have the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable set to your embbeded rootfs so that the pkg-config search in you host path.
Anyway if the variable is correctly set the configure script would tell you about missing libs.

Good luck !

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Gstreamer on BB. Krcevina 10/9/12 12:02 AM
Hi bizulk!

Thank You for your replay.

Yes, actually compiler complains about glib-2.0 and, gstreamer-0.10 and libxml2 not being safe for cross-compilation. So I need to compile these dependencies... Unfortunately, I entered this world of linux and BB rather recently, and I am not so sure how to do that.

As the PKG_CONFIG_PATH concerning, I'm sure I can find those information somewhere on net...

It's pleasure to work when there are people who want to help!

--

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Gstreamer on BB. Krcevina 10/9/12 1:52 AM
Okay, I found this blog, and I guess it's going to be useful: http://felipec.wordpress.com/tag/arm/

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Gstreamer on BB. Krcevina 10/11/12 7:27 AM
Thanks for suggestions guys. I manage to solve my problems with the tutorial which I mentioned in my last post. Now I have other problems and I will address this forum again :)