3D Scanning Tonight

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
3D Scanning Tonight BlackTalon 10/9/12 7:55 AM
I am bringing all the pieces of the 3D Scanner tonight.  I fully intended to finish the turntable this past weekend but I was out sick.  That being said I need some help this evening pulling all the pieces together.

I have the software installed and working and I am bringing it and the kinnect along with the motor and spring loaded bracket.

Here is what I need help on.

1. Attach the Motor to turntable.  For this I need to attach the motor to a spring loaded bracket that will keep the drive motor against the turntable.  I have worked out the spring loaded bracket I just need to work out the attachment to the motor and the base.

2. Power.  We know we can drive the motor with the workbench power supply and I propose we do that for this time.  I need to run a powerline to a switch that we can turn on and off at the computer about 6 feet away.

3. Change ReconstructMe settings to do a 3D standing model.  As it turns out there is a configuration file for this so I can change the settings for it.  I would like to automate the Meshlab cleanup steps into an automated command line macro so we can quickly clean the image.  I believe I have examples of how to do this.

4. Paint it Black - This was going to be a nice to have.  I think I have to drop this one if we want to be ready.

So can anyone help me get this all ready?

Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanning Tonight XSFX2000 10/9/12 8:04 AM

Okay, I'm in.

Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanning Tonight ||cw 10/9/12 8:25 AM
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM, BlackTalon <gfet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. Power.  We know we can drive the motor with the workbench power supply
> and I propose we do that for this time.  I need to run a powerline to a
> switch that we can turn on and off at the computer about 6 feet away.

I have some lamp cord and various crimp connectors I can bring in.
the bench supply can then be next to the computer.
Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanning Tonight BlackTalon 10/9/12 8:28 AM
Awesome!

Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanning Tonight nfolken 10/9/12 1:31 PM
What voltage/amperage power supply do you need? I might have the pieces to put together a simple switch box. And I might be able to help with the spring loaded drive wheel
Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanning Tonight BlackTalon 10/9/12 2:01 PM
Awesome!  3.3v off the bench power supply was about perfect.  I don't know how much current we were drawing.  The torque from that power wheels gear box was impressive.  At 3.3v we were moving a person.

I can show you the spring bracket I have tonight.  I have 3 or 4 different springs we and try with varying tension.  I also have a butterfly bolt and a washer to adjust tension so we can tune it in.  I think the hardest part will
be positioning the brackets so they align and the spring so it has enough tension.  We may have to rasp the wood wheel down a bit to make it rounder too.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM, nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
What voltage/amperage power supply do you need? I might have the pieces to put together a simple switch box. And I might be able to help with the spring loaded drive wheel

Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanning Tonight XSFX2000 10/9/12 3:44 PM
I will be late, around 8p.