3D Scanner Working

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
3D Scanner Working BlackTalon 9/25/12 6:52 AM
I have the 3D Realtime Scanner working.  I am using Reconstuctme and it works well.  I am going to have to play with the range as the default max distance is about 6 feet.  At this range we will not get a full body scan.  There is a default configuration I can play with and I think we can get it right.

I created a couple of models last night and I have found the correct smoothing filters so we can clean up the model.

One thing we noticed is that you need a good steady rotation of the subject so we have to finish the rotating platform with a motor a constant speed is important.

Bonus! If we have time and can get 3Ds Max we can actually animate these models.  I doubt we can do this by Archon but still if we have the models after Archon we will be able to create some interesting cage matches. ;-)  See the link for an example:

Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanner Working Derek 9/25/12 7:06 AM
That is awesome!  I don't think anyone would mind just doing busts.
I have a good gear motor I can bring tonight.
-derek

Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanner Working Mike M. 9/25/12 7:17 AM
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM, BlackTalon <gfet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the 3D Realtime Scanner working.  I am using Reconstuctme and it
> works well.  I am going to have to play with the range as the default max
> distance is about 6 feet.  At this range we will not get a full body scan.
> There is a default configuration I can play with and I think we can get it
> right.

 Sweet!

Mike
--
Nullo edactore ligni, consilium cedet. - Countess Magda
Re: 3D Scanner Working EschewObfuscation 9/25/12 7:49 AM

On Tuesday, 25 September 2012 08:52:13 UTC-5, BlackTalon wrote:
I have the 3D Realtime Scanner working.
Re: (Arch Reactor) Re: 3D Scanner Working BlackTalon 9/25/12 8:14 AM
To do 3D realtime rendering I couldn't do it with an Arduino.  Not enough horses.  Needed a high end video card and a windows pc to run reconnectme.

Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanner Working XSFX2000 9/25/12 9:05 AM
Not attempting to copycat you, but I'm still gonna work on the DAVID 3d scanner-
and see how it works.

Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanner Working phoglite 9/25/12 9:56 AM
I played around with david 3d scanner about a year ago.  I recommend skipping the laser scan techniques and going straight to the structured light method.  Both required tight control over ambient light levels but the structured light method was MUCH faster and could more easily be used without a background.  Unless their auto-calibration algorithms have improved significantly over the past year, you can count on spending hours tweaking and calibrating.  If you do try the laser method, I recommend using a cheapo mechanical egg timer for doing the sweeps.  I mounted the timer / line laser assembly on a tripod and got fairly good results.  -Keith
Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanner Working Altered Ego 9/25/12 11:23 AM
Wow.  That is pretty impressive.
Re: (Arch Reactor) 3D Scanner Working Gene J. (GeekTinker) 9/26/12 10:45 PM
I have an IKEA mechanical egg timer that I've used with my GoPro helmetcam to create time lapse photography as it sweeps a view of a space.  It was only $10 and has a flat top for mounting attachments to.

Gene