Learn to Solder Class

Showing 1-20 of 20 messages
Learn to Solder Class baslisks 10/10/12 5:07 PM
I am going to run a learn to solder class, kind of like Mitch's. We will go over the basics of soldering and make sure you come out of the class with working knowledge of soldering, a cool gizmo and a neat badge to show off.

Kits we are looking to order are the tv begone, mini pov, and the drawdio.

http://www.ladyada.net/make/tvbgone/

http://www.ladyada.net/make/minipov3/

http://www.ladyada.net/make/drawdio/

We will be doing this the 21st of october looking towards 2-5pm for the class.

It will be $25 to attend must RSVP by  the 16th

Pay ahead of time please as it takes some of the financial strain and panic off me and lets me get the cash to the reactor sooner.

I have a couple of people who can help me and I think I really need 1 more person who is confident at soldering to help. If you want to help send me a message.

You have to pay to attend, this is to raise funds and awareness for the space.
Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class ||cw 10/10/12 5:37 PM
does the $25 include one kit, your choice, first come first serve?
Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class baslisks 10/10/12 5:39 PM
25 includes 1 kit. your choice. The RSVP time limit is to make sure we have enough time to get them in.
Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class ||cw 10/10/12 6:00 PM
facebook event created, hope you don't mind my edits :)
http://www.facebook.com/events/280767972034885/
Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class Altered Ego 10/10/12 7:02 PM
Facebook event shared on my page.  I highly recommend everybody else
on facebook do the same.

John

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> facebook event created, hope you don't mind my edits :)
> http://www.facebook.com/events/280767972034885/

Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class baslisks 10/11/12 6:42 PM
The facebook invite has some good results. We have all the volunteers needed so if you want to come pick a kit and get the 25 dollars to us.
Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class Andy Ricke 10/12/12 6:50 AM

Added blog post to front of the website.

Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class ||cw 10/12/12 7:01 AM
nice.  though RSVP to forum or ryan directly is acceptable too, for
those that don't facebook.
Re: Learn to Solder Class NutzandBoltz 10/15/12 12:07 PM
Haven't been to any of your group stuff before as I just found the group but I went ahead and signed up for the soldering class on FB figuring it'd be a great way to meet the group and say hello. That said, how do we get money to you ahead of time? I was hoping to make it out on Tuesday but there's no guarantees with my line of work on during the workweek.
Re: (Arch Reactor) Re: Learn to Solder Class ||cw 10/15/12 12:10 PM
good question.  would paypal work in this situation?
Re: (Arch Reactor) Re: Learn to Solder Class baslisks 10/15/12 12:15 PM
  Payment Methods
        Cash/Check
            Info: Pay in person, put it in an envelope in the box by the fridge, or mail it to the PO Box.
            Fee: None!
        Paypal
            Info: Send to trea...@archreactor.org or use my.archreactor.org.  Paypal subscriptions should work from the membership dues site.  Let me know if you encounter any issues
            More details: http://paypal.com
            Fee: Free if sourcing from Paypal credit.  Otherwise 2.2% + $0.30
       Dwolla
            send to 812-489-5893
Re: (Arch Reactor) Re: Learn to Solder Class baslisks 10/15/12 12:16 PM
also, what kit would you wish for?

tvbegone, drawdio, or minipov?
Re: (Arch Reactor) Re: Learn to Solder Class NutzandBoltz 10/15/12 4:33 PM
TVBeGone
Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class baslisks 10/15/12 4:44 PM
Solder Class is shaping up. If you want to come please RSVP as soon as possible. The more people we can get soldering and making things in the space the better!
Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class Andy Ricke 10/15/12 4:52 PM

Add me in for a MiniPOVv3 as well.  I'll Dwolla the funds in here shortly.

Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class phoglite 10/22/12 1:52 PM
How did the soldering class turn out?

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Andrew Ricke <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:

Add me in for a MiniPOVv3 as well.  I'll Dwolla the funds in here shortly.

Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class baslisks 10/22/12 1:59 PM
good, new faces and such. I think we had 15 people signed up, only 2 no shows. People seemed happy and wanted to do more. Maybe set one up for decemeber or maybe an after fire and ice event. I know there are some adafruit kits out there I want to solder and it seems like others would like to get some new toys, too.
Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class Altered Ego 10/22/12 4:43 PM

It would be nice to have another in a month or so.   There were several people that said they would show up on a weeknight but not a weekend.   Would probably get some repeat business.

On Oct 22, 2012 3:59 PM, "Ryan/baslisks" <basl...@gmail.com> wrote:
good, new faces and such. I think we had 15 people signed up, only 2 no shows. People seemed happy and wanted to do more. Maybe set one up for decemeber or maybe an after fire and ice event. I know there are some adafruit kits out there I want to solder and it seems like others would like to get some new toys, too.

Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class baslisks 10/22/12 4:53 PM
I'll be switching my shift to swing so I will have better times for weekends soon.
Re: (Arch Reactor) Learn to Solder Class BlackTalon 10/23/12 6:06 AM
Maybe a Friday night class would be good.