Map going to Helsinki

Showing 1-14 of 14 messages
Map going to Helsinki LA9QFA 3/24/12 11:20 AM
 
Hi!
 
When pushing the map path button from map to sattellite view in my fixed map possition the map display switch over to Helsinki.
 
Any ideas what I have done wrong?
 
Thanks in advance Knut / LA9QFA
 
 
Re: [aprsfi] Map going to Helsinki Heikki Hannikainen 3/26/12 12:20 PM
On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, LA9QFA wrote:

> http://la2t.nrrl.no/


>  
> When pushing the map path button from map to sattellite view in my fixed map possition the map
> display switch over to Helsinki.

Oops, yet another stupid little bug in the new map navigation code.
Switching the map type caused an update of the URL to contain the new
map type, which in turn made the browser promptly navigate out from
the embedded map. Fixed, sorry about that.

   - Hessu

Re: Map going to Helsinki LA9QFA 3/27/12 9:02 AM
 
Work fine now, thanks :-)
 

lørdag 24. mars 2012 kl. 19:20:18 UTC+1 skrev LA9QFA følgende:
[aprsfi] Map going to Helsinki KC5TRB 3/30/12 10:56 AM
I'm using Win7 & Firefox and If I have a tab open to aprsfi, then close
Firefox and reopen it, the map goes to Helsinki.


-----Original Message-----
From: Heikki Hannikainen
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 2:20 PM
To: apr...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [aprsfi] Map going to Helsinki

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, LA9QFA wrote:

> http://la2t.nrrl.no/


>  When pushing the map path button from map to sattellite view in my fixed
> map possition the map
> display switch over to Helsinki.

Oops, yet another stupid little bug in the new map navigation code.


Switching the map type caused an update of the URL to contain the new
map type, which in turn made the browser promptly navigate out from
the embedded map. Fixed, sorry about that.

   - Hessu

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"aprs.fi" group.
To post to this group, send email to apr...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
aprsfi+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/aprsfi?hl=en.

Re: [aprsfi] Map going to Helsinki Heikki Hannikainen 4/3/12 6:49 AM
On Fri, 30 Mar 2012, HarryM wrote:

> I'm using Win7 & Firefox and If I have a tab open to aprsfi, then close
> Firefox and reopen it, the map goes to Helsinki.

For one reason or another, your default view is set to Helsinki. Maybe
aprs.fi doesn't have any better idea of your real location or what you
would like to see first. You can set the initial default view in the
Preferences.

http://wiki.ham.fi/Aprs.fi_Real-time_map#Selecting_an_initial_default_view

   - Hessu

Re: [aprsfi] Map going to Helsinki Bill Farley 5/15/12 7:46 PM
HELP, I am still going to Helsinki for my opening page instead of New Mexico. Was yours fixed ?
Re: [aprsfi] Map going to Helsinki Heikki Hannikainen 5/15/12 10:03 PM
On Tue, 15 May 2012, Bill Farley wrote:

> HELP, I am still going to Helsinki for my opening page instead of New Mexico. Was yours fixed ?

Have you set New Mexico as your opening page?

http://wiki.ham.fi/Aprs.fi_Real-time_map#Selecting_an_initial_default_view

   - Hessu

Map Now Showing everybody MC 5/15/12 11:51 PM
Tonight, when I entered my call, wa6rkn-7 and 12 hours, the map show a
number of different aprs stations.  It has never done that before.

Joe Wolfe
WA6RKN
Reno, Nevada

Re: [aprsfi] Map Now Showing everybody Heikki Hannikainen 5/16/12 11:24 AM
On Tue, 15 May 2012, Joe wrote:

> Tonight, when I entered my call, wa6rkn-7 and 12 hours, the map show a number
> of different aprs stations.  It has never done that before.

Oops, the "Show all" setting kept at 1 after a callsign lookup from the
real-time view with everyone visible. After all, it was showing everyone
before the lookup, and sort of maintaining the current setting.

It now goes to 0 after a successful callsign lookup.

   - Hessu

Re: Map going to Helsinki fonesrc 5/21/12 6:28 AM
Hello,

I have the same problem, open the map on Helsinki, but only with IE, with Firefox it's wok fine, i have tested with other PC it's same thing.

I use this link's :
http://aprs.fi/#%21mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FF6KPQ&timerange=3600
or
http://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FF6KPQ&timerange=3600

XP pro SP3, Firefox 12.0, IE 8.0.6001.180702

Michel
Re: [aprsfi] Re: Map going to Helsinki Heikki Hannikainen 5/21/12 7:03 AM

Again, the same question to Michel:

Have you used the "Save current view as default view" to set your default
view in IE? If the default view is not saved, it will often go with a
default view of Helsinki.

http://wiki.ham.fi/Aprs.fi_Real-time_map#Selecting_an_initial_default_view

If you're not logged in, the saved default view is stored in the browser's
cookies. Each browser has it's own cookie jar, so if you save in Firefox,
IE's cookies will not contain your saved preferences.

If you're logged in using an user account on aprs.fi, the settings go with
the user account, in which case you need to login from both browsers to
get the same settings.
   - Hessu

Re: [aprsfi] Re: Map going to Helsinki fonesrc 5/21/12 7:40 AM
Hessu


Have you used the "Save current view as default view" to set your default
view in IE? If the default view is not saved, it will often go with a
default view of Helsinki.

I make a test, i save the default view in iexplorer and it's the same thing. In fact i have add a link to aprs.fi for a clubstation : http://f6kpq.org/ , i don't know for each visitor who web browser and config who's used.

Michel
Re: [aprsfi] Re: Map going to Helsinki fonesrc 5/21/12 8:36 AM
Hessu,

I have make a test with the link http://aprs.fi/?call=f6kpq and it's work fine with IE now.

I test http://aprs.fi/#%21call=a%2FF6KPQ&timerange=3600 it's center on Helsinki

Michel
Re: [aprsfi] Re: Map going to Helsinki Heikki Hannikainen 5/22/12 1:09 AM
On Mon, 21 May 2012, fonesrc wrote:

That looks like an IE specific oddity, %21 should/could be processed as a
! (the correct URL would be http://aprs.fi/#!call= ... instead of
aprs.fi/#%21call=). I can probably work around that, I'll look into it at
home when I have access to an IE.

Greetings from Prague airport, heading home...

   - Hessu