default application

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
default application AFZAAl 2/24/12 2:08 PM
HI
 ITS VERY COOL APPLICATION
CAN I INSTAL THIS APPLICATION AS DEFAULT, LIKE IF SOME ONE RESET THE
PHONE THIS APPLICATION REMAINS .
IF ITS POSSIBLE HOW?

Re: default application contact androidlost 2/26/12 1:40 AM
Yes, it is possible but a bit tricky. There are two steps to do this:

1. root your phone. This is phone specific so I cannot help you.
Google is your friend.

2. Convert the app to a system app. The easiest way is to use titanium
backup or a similar app to do it. Or you can move it manually to /
system/app/

Then the app will survive a factory reset. All settings (google push
key, boot notification, SMS allowed numbers etc.) will be lost after a
factory reset but the app should be intelligent enough to detect this
and fetch your settings from the server.

q:o)       Theis