how to kill pppd

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
how to kill pppd venkat k raju 10/11/12 4:16 AM

Dear all,

i am working with Gingerbread-2.3.4 , i have integrated gprs to ril android default stack.

here i am facing problem with resuming the data connection , once if i disable it

note :

if i disable the data connection option from GUI my pppd process is running but ppp0 was disconnecting

because this what happens if i enable the data connection option from GUI my pppd not resuming it

please anybody suggest me how to resolve this issues

thanks&Regards
k.v.raju
Re: how to kill pppd Chaitanya 10/12/12 1:32 AM
So when u disable from settings, the pppd service is still running?
U can add pppd as a service and enable/disable service. i think we did that once. If u try this pppd process itself gets killed and it starts all over again.
Re: [rowboat] Re: how to kill pppd venkat k raju 10/12/12 2:49 AM
whenever your free  please check this

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM, venkat k raju <kvraj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Sai,

i am sorry!!!!!!!!!!

i didn't see this message .
whenever you free please this

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Chaitanya <chaitany...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think i understand what is happening here. Long time back i told to add pppd as service. But i din't explain wat exactly was happening.

Q:-i mean pppd it's running again
Ans:-This is bcoz it's now a service not a process if u kill it it will resume coz it's a service. At start up it's in disabled mode i.e. it wont start but in this approach the service is started from the RIL library.

Q:- i am running pppd from init.rc only,then how can i run it? you mean again can i run manually  pppd?
Ans:- Yes, and no need for the loong command. It's a service stop the service and start the service.

My guess:-
This approach is that by adding pppd as service u have the option of enabling it or disabling at will from inside the RIL library code itself. So it again traces back to RIL lib code. U r enabling the service from RIL but failed to disable the service when required and so it's not dying. This is the drawback of using this method . U never now where the problem occurs. So as u r using this, add extra log lines everywhere so that u hav better idea of what is happening bcoz the stock defalut log lines only give u a vague idea. Give a RIL link for better help.

--
thanks&Regards
k.v.raju
[...]

Re: [rowboat] Re: how to kill pppd venkat k raju 10/12/12 10:17 AM
Hi Sai,

here at commands  itself  is getting failed response

D/AT      ( 1357): AT> AT+CGQREQ=1
D/RIL     ( 1357): err =-1
D/AT      ( 1357): AT> AT+CGQMIN=1
D/RIL     ( 1357): err =-1
D/AT      ( 1357): AT> AT+CGACT=1
D/RIL     ( 1357): err =-1
D/AT      ( 1357): AT> AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET",,0,0
D/RIL     ( 1357): err =-1
D/AT      ( 1357): AT> ATD*99***1#
D/RIL     ( 1357):err =-1

so then rild is acquiring my /dev/ttyACM0.

please check this information
--
thanks&Regards
k.v.raju