Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2

Showing 1-14 of 14 messages
Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 kunal 7/29/12 12:36 AM
Hello All,

I compiled Android kernel for Palm Pre2 (Omap 3630) using the instructions given here:
http://blackscratches.blogspot.in/2012/04/how-to-build-android-kernel-308-for-ti.html

But when I try to boot Pre2 using this kernel (using novaterm (in recovery mode)) it doesnt work. It stays in recovery mode itself. I tried both compressed(zImage) and uncompressed(Image). Am I missing anything?

Also how can I create rootfs for Pre2? Is there any prebuilt available for any similar system like Pre2?
Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 0x0000ff 8/18/12 11:35 AM

Bootie accepts uImage. (At least I don't think it accepts anything else...)

I too am trying to get this to run on the pre2, so please let me know of any progress.  Thanks.

Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 istring 8/28/12 6:49 AM

im willing to test anything you have.Imnot worried about ruining my pre 2.

Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 funerqq 9/11/12 8:50 PM
Hello

  Could you send this kernel(zlmage or boot.img) to me? I can try it for you.my email: chaiyuan...@gmail.com

Waters Pu

在 2012年7月29日星期日UTC+8下午3时36分41秒,kunal写道:
Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 kunal 9/23/12 3:16 PM
Yes. Bootie accepts uImage.

All I get is HP logo now :/ Nothing else. Is there anyway I can see kernel messages atleast.

On Sunday, August 19, 2012 12:05:50 AM UTC+5:30, 0x0000ff wrote:

Bootie accepts uImage. (At least I don't think it accepts anything else...)

I too am trying to get this to run on the pre2, so please let me know of any progress.  Thanks.

Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 0x0000ff 9/29/12 12:44 PM
It would probably be better to obtain the kernel messages over ADB.

First of all, you should make an image with a minimal userspace and the ADB program on a ramdisk.
This site shows you how:

Also, OMAPzoom have their own branch of the android source. You should be able to modify and compile the required binaries with this:

After you've got this set up, with ADB terminal running on host, you should see the kernel boot messages that can be logged easily.  I plan to do this myself, but my hard drive has failed on me.  A new one is on the way, but until then...

I just want to say good luck.  We're all counting on you.
Re: [android-porting] Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 kunal 9/30/12 11:59 PM
Thank you very much. I will let you know how it goes.

--
Thanx,
Kunal

http://about.me/kunalbharati
Re: [android-porting] Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 kunal 12/11/12 2:52 AM
The link http://bbs.zoopda.com/thread-267346-1-1.html doesnt open for me.

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM, funerqq <wate...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://bbs.zoopda.com/thread-267346-1-1.html

--
Thanx,
Kunal

http://about.me/kunalbharati
Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 Elbasha 1/2/13 10:32 PM
would you please provide English instructions to how to do it on my phone, and a live link for the files
i have an official version of the phone and i want to test it
thanks

On Saturday, December 8, 2012 10:05:29 AM UTC-5, funerqq wrote:
Android on palm pre2, I success. http://bbs.zoopda.com/thread-267346-1-1.html

在 2012年7月29日星期日UTC+8下午3时36分41秒,kunal写道:
Hello All,

I compiled Android kernel for Palm Pre2 (Omap 3630) using the instructions given here:
http://blackscratches.blogspot.in/2012/04/how-to-build-android-kernel-308-for-ti.html

But when I try to boot Pre2 using this kernel (using novaterm (in recovery mode)) it doesnt work. It stays in recovery mode itself. I tried both compressed(zImage) and uncompressed(Image). Am I missing anything?

Also how can I create rootfs for Pre2? Is there any prebuilt available for any similar system like Pre2?
Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 abcd efgh 4/11/13 1:14 PM
Hi.

I was able to download other files due to a posting on another thread. But I do not have the link to the AoP.sh

Can you email the file? What were the changes for OMAP3630?

On Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:05:29 AM UTC-8, funerqq wrote:
Android on palm pre2, I success. http://bbs.zoopda.com/thread-267346-1-1.html

在 2012年7月29日星期日UTC+8下午3时36分41秒,kunal写道:
Hello All,

I compiled Android kernel for Palm Pre2 (Omap 3630) using the instructions given here:
http://blackscratches.blogspot.in/2012/04/how-to-build-android-kernel-308-for-ti.html

But when I try to boot Pre2 using this kernel (using novaterm (in recovery mode)) it doesnt work. It stays in recovery mode itself. I tried both compressed(zImage) and uncompressed(Image). Am I missing anything?

Also how can I create rootfs for Pre2? Is there any prebuilt available for any similar system like Pre2?
Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 Mayank Madan 5/12/13 8:12 AM
I need Aop.sh too :)
Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 Mayank Madan 5/12/13 9:42 PM
I dont have other files :( the link on the websites wont let me download and the post on other thread had the link to the files of the project, "Android On Pre" and not pre2

On Friday, April 12, 2013 1:44:08 AM UTC+5:30, abcd efgh wrote:
Re: [android-porting] Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 funerqq 5/12/13 6:14 PM
in attachment. this AoP.sh increase rom to 1G , keep your phone have enough space  to android .

2013/5/12 Mayank Madan <maddi...@gmail.com>

Re: [android-porting] Re: Android kernel on Omap 3630/Palm Pre 2 abcd efgh 6/9/13 2:00 PM
Hi,

IS this for Android on Pre or Android on Pre2?