CGroups with MULTIPLE_APPLICATION_UIDS

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
CGroups with MULTIPLE_APPLICATION_UIDS John Tapsell 10/11/12 1:23 AM
Hi all,

  I have a fundamental problem understanding how CGroups and MULTIPLE_APPLICATION_UIDS  work together.

  The CGroups code doesn't allow you to move a process into a cgroup if the process doing the moving has a different UID than the target process.

  But in android, most processes have a different application uid.

  How is this supposed to work conceptually please?

(I'm still trying to solve the problem that system_server generates permission denied errors)

John
Re: CGroups with MULTIPLE_APPLICATION_UIDS Glenn Kasten 10/11/12 6:10 PM
See my reply today at https://groups.google.com/d/topic/android-kernel/TGRNgQgLXfI/discussion