Build Android Source Code On Windows Platform

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Build Android Source Code On Windows Platform Shivan 10/11/12 12:18 AM
Hi All,

I would like to build Android source code , having linux drivers, on windows platform.
Please do suggest .

Regards.
Shivanagouda
Re: [android-porting] Build Android Source Code On Windows Platform Digit 10/18/12 9:21 AM

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Shivanagouda Biradar <shivanagou...@asmaitha.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to build Android source code , having linux drivers, on windows platform.
Please do suggest .

Simply speaking, building directly from Windows is not supported (it's far too problematic).

The alternative is to build on a virtual Linux machine instead. I.e. install VirtualBox / VMWare, create a virtual machine, install Ubuntu on it, then follow the typical Linux build instructions. Be aware that you'll need a _lot_ of disk space and probably memory though.

Regards.
Shivanagouda

Re: Build Android Source Code On Windows Platform Alvin Wong 10/19/12 7:31 AM
I had used "Portable Ubuntu Remix" (pubuntu 10.04 LTS) to build Android (Gingerbread) before and it is quite successful. It actually works like a virtual machine, but windows seamlessly integrate with Windows. It should be using Cygwin. For me, I needed to expand the virtual disk image of it to fit the Android building. You can also map disk partitions.

However it is quite old. That's why I stopped using it and installed a local version.

Shivan於 2012年10月11日星期四UTC+8下午3時18分21秒寫道: