Why is filesystem check present on tuna yet not on grouper?

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Why is filesystem check present on tuna yet not on grouper? Andrew Bartholomew 10/8/12 3:43 PM
See title.  I compared the fstab.tuna to fstab.grouper and noticed one peculiar difference.  The check option is present for userdata and cache on tuna (at least for toro) but not grouper (nakasi).  I was wondering why this is.  Some of us Galaxy Nexus have noticed unusually long boot times that seem to occur at random on Jellybean and I have noticed it on occasion.  I also have never seen the long boot times on grouper so I think this file system check that is enabled on the mysid build but not on the nakasi build is related to the longer boot times on mysid.
Re: Why is filesystem check present on tuna yet not on grouper? Scott Kaforey 10/10/12 3:09 PM
I have also noticed this.  It seems to have originated with JB, because this never happened with ICS.