Is it possible to configure Eclipse for AOSP native development?

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
Is it possible to configure Eclipse for AOSP native development? zyrikby 9/27/12 11:09 AM
Hi all.

It is not difficult to configure Eclipse for developing java part of Android (the instructions can be found here). But what about native part? Is it possible to configure Eclipse for developing (and reviewing) native part of Android? Are there any instructions about this? If no, what are the tools that are used for native development in Android team?
Re: Is it possible to configure Eclipse for AOSP native development? Kristopher Micinski 9/27/12 12:59 PM
FYI ..., I use emacs.

For the java part too...

kris
Re: Is it possible to configure Eclipse for AOSP native development? biAji 9/27/12 4:58 PM

Hi Kris,

How do you switch between defferent source tree? Do you use cedet for c code?

在 2012-9-28 上午3:59,"Kristopher Micinski" <krismi...@gmail.com>写道:
Re: Is it possible to configure Eclipse for AOSP native development? Kristopher Micinski 9/27/12 5:14 PM
I usually only work on one branch of the source tree.. honestly..

YMMV, but for native development, I've used emacs for most things
outside of Java (and honestly, it's so slow for me, that I do so for
Java too)...

kris
Re: Is it possible to configure Eclipse for AOSP native development? Lucas Palma 9/27/12 5:21 PM
Well... on the NDK section, the examples are using Eclipse.
So... I don't think that it is difficult to use the Eclipse IDE for native development too.

Also, for a better experience, I think that the Eclipse Mobile version is the best choice :)
Re: Is it possible to configure Eclipse for AOSP native development? blake 9/27/12 9:03 PM
Eclipse has the CDT (http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/downloads.php).  It definitely does provide some kind of Eclipse integrated tools for examining the glue layer seamlessly with the Java layer.  I'll bet you a beer that the guys the wrote the C layer didn't use Eclipse to do it, though, FWIW.

Eclipse likes to be in charge.  I've had some luck switching source repos underneath it but it isn't pretty.  First of all, you'll have to change the .classpath file if you'd prefer to avoid errors.  Also a make, refresh and rebuild.  All in all, probably better to keep separate copies for separate versions, if you can afford the space.

G. Blake Meike
Marakana

The second edition of Programming Android is now on-line:
Re: Is it possible to configure Eclipse for AOSP native development? Yang 9/29/12 12:41 AM
Or MDK or RVDS Pro or DS-5 Pro.
Re: Is it possible to configure Eclipse for AOSP native development? Vinícius Tinti 10/5/12 12:43 PM
Hi,

Were the 'layout' in apps working too? I have followed the instructions at http://source.android.com/source/using-eclipse.html. Many things work except that every application that I try to open the layout I get 'Project target is not set'.

Also it was needed to follow these two steps:

Or layout is not supposed to be open on Eclipse?

Thanks

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:09:39 PM UTC-3, zyrikby wrote:
Hi all.

It is not difficult to configure Eclipse for developing java part of Android (the instructions can be found here). But what about native part? Is it possible to configure Eclipse for developing (and reviewing) native part of Android? Are there any instructions about this? If no, what are the tools that are used for native development in Android team?
Re: Is it possible to configure Eclipse for AOSP native development? Martin Wallgren 10/9/12 12:57 AM
I have created a plugin for Eclipse that will set the project up for you. Although there is still no c/c++ support. But it is great if you switch between different repos and don't want to hassle with the .classpath file.

http://blog.wallgren.it/2012/09/android-platform-in-eclipse.html