Remove a bluetooth profile from android ICS (bluez)

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
Remove a bluetooth profile from android ICS (bluez) Ed Embedd 9/21/12 9:53 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to remove some of the audio profiles that come with android ICS bluetooth.
I experimented with success on a linux box the audio.conf editing method, adding to "disable=" line the unwanted profiles.
Unfortunately under android this method doesn't seem to work properly, in fact not all the profiles were disabled after restarting bluetooth, for example voice gateway doesn't want to disappear.
Moreover, adding "control" profile breaks the bluetooth activation.

So i'm asking if someone know what's the proper procedure to do this under android systems.

thanks in advance.

Ed
Re: Remove a bluetooth profile from android ICS (bluez) Pavan Savoy 9/23/12 8:56 PM
On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Ed Embedd <ed.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to remove some of the audio profiles that come with android ICS
> bluetooth.
> I experimented with success on a linux box the audio.conf editing method,
> adding to "disable=" line the unwanted profiles.
> Unfortunately under android this method doesn't seem to work properly, in
> fact not all the profiles were disabled after restarting bluetooth, for
> example voice gateway doesn't want to disappear.
> Moreover, adding "control" profile breaks the bluetooth activation.

Some profiles like HFP/HSP (or opp/pbap not in Android BlueZ) -
doesn't depend on BlueZ  - so having them not having them in
audio.conf might not make a difference.
However, profiles can certainly be disabled this way - for example
A2DP source role / sink role can be enabled/disabled this way for
sure.

AVRCP too, has some in code modification for Android which you might
want to check out,
grep "ANDROID" external/bluetooth/bluez/ to figure out..

Thanks & Regards,
Pavan Savoy.

> So i'm asking if someone know what's the proper procedure to do this under
> android systems.
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> Ed

--Pavan Savoy
Re: Remove a bluetooth profile from android ICS (bluez) ramakrishna 9/23/12 10:38 PM
Hi Pavan,

I am also trying to do something like this. But in my case, i want to
switch off/on profiles dynamically. I could achieve this for the
profiles which are controlled by Android(ex: HFP/HSP, OPP, PBAP). If i
want to control the profiles managed by BlueZ, is it possible to
control them dynamically?

thanks
siva ramakrishna
Re: Remove a bluetooth profile from android ICS (bluez) Pavan Savoy 9/23/12 10:42 PM

BlueZ profiles enabling/disabling pretty much means the dbus objects being either registered or not. I suppose you could still call function of BlueZ to remove such objects say org.bluez.AudioSource and unregister them at runtime...
But it would involve new functions though....

Droid sent - Ignore typos

Re: Remove a bluetooth profile from android ICS (bluez) Ed Embedd 9/24/12 1:26 AM
Thank You very much for your time,
I was able to remove almost all the audio profiles with the exception of the "voice
gateway".
I'm working on a TI evaluation board with android ICS AOSP, so I can modify also low level code but i can't find
any reference regarding this "voice gateway".

Service Name: Voice Gateway
Service RecHandle: 0x10001
Service Class ID List:
  "Headset Audio Gateway" (0x1112)
  "Generic Audio" (0x1203)
Protocol Descriptor List:
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 11
Profile Descriptor List:
  "Headset" (0x1108)
    Version: 0x0100

I successfully removed AVRCP, audio sink, source and the:

Service Name: Headset Audio Gateway
Service RecHandle: 0x10001
Service Class ID List:
  "Headset Audio Gateway" (0x1112)
  "Generic Audio" (0x1203)
Protocol Descriptor List:
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 12
Profile Descriptor List:
  "Headset" (0x1108)
    Version: 0x0102

Service Name: Hands-Free Audio Gateway
Service RecHandle: 0x10002
Service Class ID List:
  "Handsfree Audio Gateway" (0x111f)
  "Generic Audio" (0x1203)
Protocol Descriptor List:
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 13
Profile Descriptor List:
  "Handsfree" (0x111e)
    Version: 0x0105

So actually i don't know the origin of this "voice gateway" and the source files that refer to this.
Have You any idea?

2012/9/24 Pavan Savoy <pavan...@gmail.com>

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Ed Embedd <ed.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to remove some of the audio profiles that come with android ICS
> bluetooth.
> I experimented with success on a linux box the audio.conf editing method,
> adding to "disable=" line the unwanted profiles.
> Unfortunately under android this method doesn't seem to work properly, in
> fact not all the profiles were disabled after restarting bluetooth, for
> example voice gateway doesn't want to disappear.
> Moreover, adding "control" profile breaks the bluetooth activation.

Some profiles like HFP/HSP (or opp/pbap not in Android BlueZ) -
doesn't depend on BlueZ  - so having them not having them in
audio.conf might not make a difference.

Do you know where I can find some documentation about this android dependencies,
I really would like to have full control on my android bluez.

I really appreciate your help, thanks.

Re: Remove a bluetooth profile from android ICS (bluez) ramakrishna 10/5/12 2:29 AM
Hello,
I have tried disabling the audio source/sink by modifying the
audio.conf file. But none of my changes are reflecting? I just rebuilt
the entire source code and downloaded the images. I am trying this on
Galaxy nexus device. And also i tried adding some new functions in
source.c which i am accessing from native code. But always i get
unknown method with signature "" and fails. Sometimes, i doubt whether
my bluez changes are really reflecting. Can any guide me on this.?

thanks
Re: Remove a bluetooth profile from android ICS (bluez) Ed Embedd 11/2/12 4:30 AM
Adding to audio.conf:

Disable=Source,Sink

works for me.

Unfortunately doesn't work for hfp hsp where I had to remove the phone and telephony apk from the image and also patch some code
Re: Remove a bluetooth profile from android ICS (bluez) prasanna karthik 1/28/13 2:19 AM
ram

I've bluez5 and I need PBAP /HFP of it and I want to port the bluez stack to android

How did you configure it?

Let me know
-prasanna