ICS is coming to AOSP

Showing 1-183 of 183 messages
ICS is coming to AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 11/14/11 1:59 PM
Hi! We just released a bit of code we thought this group might be interested in.
Over at our Android Open-Source Project git servers, the source code
for Android version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is now available.
Here's how to get it:Follow the instructions at
http://source.android.com/source/downloading.htmlCheck out the
'ics-release' branch:repo init -u
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.0.1_r1
That's it! However since this is a large push, please be aware that it
will take some time to complete. If you sync before it's done, you'll
get an incomplete copy that you won't be able to use, so please wait
for us to give the all-clear before you sync.
This is actually the source code for version 4.0.1 of Android, which
is the specific version that will ship on the Galaxy Nexus, the first
Android 4.0 device. In the source tree, you will find a device build
target named "full_maguro" that you can use to build a system image
for Galaxy Nexus. Build configurations for other devices will come
later.
Unfortunately we still don't have our Gerrit code review servers back
online. That remains our top priority though, and we hope to have them
back soon.
This release includes the full history of the Android source code
tree, which naturally includes all the source code for the Honeycomb
releases. However, since Honeycomb was a little incomplete, we want
everyone to focus on Ice Cream Sandwich. So, we haven't created any
tags that correspond to the Honeycomb releases (even though the
changes are present in the history.)

JBQ, on behalf of the AOSP team.
--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] ICS is coming to AOSP Tim Bray 11/14/11 2:01 PM

I assume this means I can Tweet?

Re: [android-building] ICS is coming to AOSP Carlos Silva 11/14/11 2:04 PM
YES! :)
Faster than I thought :)

Congrats on the team @ Google

Re: ICS is coming to AOSP fonix232 11/14/11 2:10 PM
JBQ, would it be possible to access some bits of Honeycomb?
I would be interested about the Movie Maker app, and the Launcher itself, as they seem to be removed or changed for the worse in ICS (I like the Honeycomb style tablet launcher more)
Re: [android-building] ICS is coming to AOSP Anthony Domanico 11/14/11 2:10 PM
Well, technically no, on account of twitter giving off the "fail whale" at the moment. but soon!
Re: ICS is coming to AOSP John McKenzie 11/14/11 2:14 PM
Congrats guys, this should make a huge difference out there! Can't wait t see what happens next now that it's "out there"

John from landofdroid.com
Re: ICS is coming to AOSP Stefan 11/14/11 2:13 PM
yeahh, thanks a lot

On 14 Nov., 22:59, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Hi! We just released a bit of code we thought this group might be interested in.
> Over at our Android Open-Source Project git servers, the source code
> for Android version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is now available.
> Here's how to get it:Follow the instructions athttp://source.android.com/source/downloading.htmlCheckout the
> 'ics-release' branch:repo init -uhttps://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest-b android-4.0.1_r1
Re: ICS is coming to AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 11/14/11 2:19 PM
There's clearly been a formatting accident with my email, sorry about that.

The instructions are at http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html

JBQ

Re: [android-building] ICS is coming to AOSP Carlos Silva 11/14/11 2:25 PM
Just one quick question JBQ,

will the kernel trees come with a master tag? Right now the log and the tree aren't available via gitweb because of this :/

Thanks

Re: [android-building] ICS is coming to AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 11/14/11 2:30 PM
I've got a number of tasks on my plate related to the kernel trees,
and that's one of them.

JBQ

RE: [android-building] Re: ICS is coming to AOSP Samuel B. Quiring 11/14/11 2:29 PM
I get:

$ repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b
android-4.0.1_r1
... a lot of tags info up to android 2.3.7_r1
error: revision android-4.0.1_r1 in manifests not found

-Sam

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: ICS is coming to AOSP Adrien Béraud 11/14/11 2:32 PM
error: revision android-4.0.1_r1 in manifests not found

Same problem here
Re: [android-building] Re: ICS is coming to AOSP Dominic Binks 11/14/11 2:33 PM
Yep, same here - is this just because platform/manifest is the last
project to be updated, or something else?

--
Dominic Binks: dbi...@codeaurora.org
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum

Re: [android-building] Re: ICS is coming to AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 11/14/11 2:34 PM
That's why I asked people to wait a bit: the push is still going on.
I'll let you know when everything is in place.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: ICS is coming to AOSP fonix232 11/14/11 2:33 PM
Read the whole starting post by Mr. Queru, it asks:

However since this is a large push, please be aware that it
will take some time to complete. If you sync before it's done, you'll
get an incomplete copy that you won't be able to use, so please wait
for us to give the all-clear before you sync.

What means, in a few words:

Wait till I say download!

So don't be surprised it won't work yet...

2011/11/14 Samuel B. Quiring <s...@sbqsam.com>

Re: [android-building] Re: ICS is coming to AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 11/14/11 2:35 PM
The push process:

-push to master, update the master manifest.
-push to the development branch, create the matching manifest.
-push to the release branch, tag it, create the machine manifest.

I'm still in the first phase, which is the longest one.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

RE: [android-building] Re: ICS is coming to AOSP Samuel B. Quiring 11/14/11 2:37 PM
Sorry - I though you said to wait to sync.

-sbq