Android 4.4 KitKat

Showing 1-63 of 63 messages
Android 4.4 KitKat Ed Heyl 10/31/13 12:41 PM

Today, Google took the wraps off the Nexus 5 and the Android 4.4 KitKat release. Now we're happy to announce the matching open source release. You can read more about what's new in Android 4.4 KitKat on our developer site.

We are in the process of making two new branches available:

  • kitkat-dev for kitkat open source contributions

  • kitkat-release the kitkat release build (KRT16M) for the Nexus 5--which will be tagged with android-4.4_r1.

We are making the proprietary binaries and factory images available for the Nexus 5 today as well.

In the coming weeks, other Nexus devices (Nexus 4, 7, and 10) will receive their KitKat update, and we'll make those proprietary binaries and factory images available at that time.

We will reply to this thread later this evening (PST), when everything is ready.

Enjoy!

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Michael Evans 10/31/13 12:52 PM
Thanks for all your hard work! Looking forward to trying the new bits :)
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Artem Russakovskii 10/31/13 1:16 PM
Woohoo! Thanks, new Ed "new JBQ" Heyl!
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Talha Yazıcı 10/31/13 1:30 PM

31 Ekim 2013 Perşembe 21:41:06 UTC+2 tarihinde Ed Heyl yazdı:
WHY NEXUS 4 İN WEEKSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Vahid Jafari 10/31/13 1:38 PM
this is so funny , why we must wait for weeks ?! maybe we need change idea for google and nexus brand
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Glenn Kasten 10/31/13 1:48 PM
Folks, this is a technical group and not the best place to vent.
Now let's return to a technical discussion of building AOSP for supported devices.
(one of the moderators)
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Ed Heyl 10/31/13 5:12 PM

Update: all clear!

You can now download the kitkat source. Please refer to the Codenames, Tags, and Build Numbers for details. The proprietary binaries and factory images are available for download.

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:41:06 PM UTC-7, Ed Heyl wrote:
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Matt Gumbel 10/31/13 5:36 PM
Hi Ed,

I ran into a little problem when trying to sync all groups (repo init -g all):

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/a/platform/manifest -b android-4.4_r1 -g all
repo sync
[...]
error: revision refs/tags/android-4.4_r1 in platform/prebuilts/eclipse-build-deps not found

Could you take a look? The issue only happens when I give -g all to repo init. Syncing default group only works fine.

thanks,
Matt
Intel Open Source Technology Center
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Ed Heyl 10/31/13 5:48 PM
Fix is in progress, temporary workaround is remove '-g all' from your repo init
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Ed Heyl 10/31/13 7:16 PM
This issue is now resolved.  Thanks.
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Jake Weinstein 10/31/13 7:31 PM
I see that the device and kernel binary repos are available on AOSP for flo/deb and mako.  Are the kernel source repos going to be available in this initial source drop or will that be closer to the actual roll out?
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Ed Heyl 10/31/13 7:45 PM
The kernel source for those devices will update shortly after the actual roll out.
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Jake Weinstein 10/31/13 8:00 PM
Which CAF branch will the flo and mako kernels be based on? MSM-3.4 like the hammerhead kernel or jb_2.5-2.6 like mako and flo?  Also, is there a reason 3.10 wasn't used for hammerhead? MSM-3.10 appears to support 8974, but I'm not sure how stable/working it is (you would know better than I would).
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Iván Sánchez 11/1/13 6:58 AM

For syncing 4.4 code should I use the following?

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.4_r1
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Ron M 11/1/13 8:09 AM
FYI: When syncing a "--mirror", there are many missing .git projects, that will break the syncing from any repo client.
To name a few: All lge/hammerhead* , platform/art, and everything related to "chromium" at external/
Error excerpts:

fatal: '/usr/local/aosp/mirror/platform/art' does not appear to be a git repository

and the repository exists.
fatal: '/usr/local/aosp/mirror/platform/external/chromium_org' does not appear to be a git repository

and the repository exists.
fatal: '/usr/local/aosp/mirror/platform/external/chromium-libpac' does not appear to be a git repository

and the repository exists.
fatal: '/usr/local/aosp/mirror/platform/external/chromium_org/sdch/open-vcdiff' does not appear to be a git repository

and the repository exists.
error: Cannot fetch platform/art
Fetching project platform/external/chromium_org/testing/gtest
fatal: '/usr/local/aosp/mirror/platform/external/chromium_org/testing/gtest' does not appear to be a git repository

and the repository exists.
error: Cannot fetch platform/external/chromium-libpac
error: Cannot fetch platform/external/chromium_org
error: Cannot fetch platform/external/chromium_org/sdch/open-vcdiff
fatal: '/usr/local/aosp/mirror/platform/external/chromium_org/testing/gtest' does not appear to be a git repository

and the repository exists.
error: Cannot fetch platform/external/chromium_org/testing/gtest

-Ron Munitz
Re: [android-building] Android 4.4 KitKat Stephen Smalley 11/1/13 7:02 AM
Does the mirror manifest need to be updated?  Our local mirror doesn't
seem to be fetching the projects added in 4.4, e.g. platform/art, even
after syncing.  The mirror was created as per:
http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html#using-a-local-mirror

As a consequence, we can't sync 4.4 from our mirror at present.

Re: [android-building] Android 4.4 KitKat Zachary Smith 11/1/13 8:33 AM
By the looks of it I think they forgot to update the master manifest file which I believe is used by the mirror command.  Hopefully they update this soon.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Kush S 10/31/13 11:34 PM
Anyone got the change log?

---

Re: [android-building] Android 4.4 KitKat Ed Heyl 11/1/13 9:26 AM
You should specify the branch (-b android-4.4_r1) when mirroring (default must be master, and kitkat has not been merged to AOSP master (work in progress)).
Re: [android-building] Android 4.4 KitKat Magnus Bäck 11/1/13 9:40 AM
On Friday, November 01, 2013 at 12:26 EDT,
     Ed Heyl <e...@android.com> wrote:

> On Friday, November 1, 2013 7:02:06 AM UTC-7, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> >
> > Does the mirror manifest need to be updated?  Our local mirror
> > doesn't seem to be fetching the projects added in 4.4, e.g.
> > platform/art, even after syncing.  The mirror was created as per:
> > http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html#using-a-local-mirror
> >
> > As a consequence, we can't sync 4.4 from our mirror at present.

Indeed; you'll have to clone those gits by hand. Or, perhaps add a local
manifest to the .repo directory in your mirror to temporarily add those
gits.

> You should specify the branch (-b android-4.4_r1) when mirroring
> (default must be master, and kitkat has not been merged to AOSP master
> (work in progress)).

He was talking about the mirror manifest, mirror/manifest.git, which
only has a master branch. It appears that manifest hasn't been updated
to list the gits added in KitKat. Using the mirror manifest is the
recommended way of mirroring all AOSP gits.

--
Magnus Bäck
ba...@google.com

Re: [android-building] Android 4.4 KitKat Ed Heyl 11/1/13 12:11 PM
platform/manifest now has the tag; thanks for pointing that out.

We will update mirror/manifest shortly.

On Friday, November 1, 2013 10:46:11 AM UTC-7, matt wolejko wrote:
The platform/manifest doesn't have a 4.4_r1 tag at this point. Does one need to be added, or is one coming?

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat wave...@gmail.com 11/1/13 2:42 PM
I could not build kitkat (AOSP HammerHead)
1 error
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
make: *** [out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-hostdex_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41

code synced well.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Iván Sánchez 11/2/13 5:36 AM
I have succesfully built KitKat for my 2012 Nexus 7 but it stays in bootanimation. Any help?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.4 KitKat Wojciech Miłkowski 11/2/13 8:41 AM
Currently the is no way to generate VirtualBox KitKat image because of insufficient patrition allocation.
On android-4.4_r1 branch there is "do_inode_allocate_extents: Failed to allocate 6 blocks" error, and on kitkat-dev branch there are even more unallocated blocks.

W.
Re: [android-building] Android 4.4 KitKat Joshua J. Drake 11/3/13 1:45 AM
I personally got tired of waiting so I made my own -- https://gist.github.com/jduck/7286774

Enjoy,

Joshua

On Friday, November 1, 2013 2:11:39 PM UTC-5, Ed Heyl wrote:
platform/manifest now has the tag; thanks for pointing that out.

We will update mirror/manifest shortly.

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Bruno Saraiva 11/3/13 6:47 AM
If I init like this (like normally I've been doing for the last 3 or 4 aosp releases), I get the following error:

object 12fd10c20115046dcd2fbe468a45e566f38ffbc9
type commit
tag v1.12.7
tagger Conley Owens <cco3 at android.com> 1381959964 -0700

repo 1.12.7

gpg: Signature made Wed Oct 16 22:46:04 2013 WEST using RSA key ID 692B382C
error: could not verify the tag 'v1.12.7'

I'm lost. Any help please?

On Friday, 1 November 2013 13:58:22 UTC, Iván Sánchez wrote:

For syncing 4.4 code should I use the following?

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.4_r1
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Matt Katzenberger 11/3/13 12:51 PM
Flipping through the source code shows this little bit, which I assume means that the N10 won't have that cool new transparency effect everyone else will get.

 <!-- Translucent status & navigation bars perform poorly on this device -->
<bool name="config_enableTranslucentDecor">false</bool>

My question is, what kind of performance problems was this causing? Was it simply laggy/jittery, or was it causing glitches similar to this: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/mobile/OCoCDPrjbTE/4OvpoU8__uMJ

If it's more related to the latter, then the issue isn't the transparency in the new status bar, but a problem with the nexus 10 that Google has failed to address (or acknowledge). I've tried posting about this bug on the Android issue tracker and the Nexus support forum, and haven't gotten any response from Google.

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat JF Dionne 11/3/13 4:05 PM
There's a stack overflow post that shows how to fix your issue Bruno.

JFD
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Joshua J. Drake 11/3/13 9:25 PM
Try updating your copy of repo. Hopefully that helps.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Android Building" group.

Joshua J. Drake
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Ron M 11/3/13 1:03 PM

Updating repo solves this.

As per virtual box, AFAIK support for out of the box has been deprecated since the first releases of JB.

However, since ever since 4.3 (I think) all partitions are ext4, transforming from an emulator build to vbox one should be relatively easy.

-Ron Munitz

---

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Ed Heyl 11/4/13 10:05 AM
see original post: "In the coming weeks, other Nexus devices (Nexus 4, 7, and 10) will receive their KitKat update"

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 5:36:11 AM UTC-7, Iván Sánchez wrote:
I have succesfully built KitKat for my 2012 Nexus 7 but it stays in bootanimation. Any help?
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Ed Heyl 11/4/13 10:07 AM
The error is from the repo tool, please make sure your tool is up to date.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Magnus Bäck 11/4/13 10:40 AM
On Friday, November 01, 2013 at 17:42 EDT,
     wave...@gmail.com wrote:

> I could not build kitkat (AOSP HammerHead)
> 1 error
> make: ***
> [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar]
> Error 41
> make: ***
> [out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-hostdex_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar]
> Error 41
>
> code synced well.

You haven't included the interesting lines of output. This is just make
reporting that some command producing these jar files failed. To produce
a clean log with only the failing commands don't pass a -j option to
make. Also, including 'showcommands' in the command will list the exact
commands being run which can be quite helpful for debugging.

--
Magnus Bäck
ba...@google.com

So you mean to say that the procedure found here isn't outdated? Because I've done that, rm -r ~/.repoconfig previously, even found a post over at stackoverflow that said that. nothing works so far. And shouldn't repo update itself when 'repo init' is run?

Anyways... Thanks for your help.
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Bruno Saraiva 11/4/13 12:31 PM
I've got it working once I saw a post from Magnus Bäck, I had another repo version under /usr/bin/

Thanks again for the help. Now off to make my Gnex run 4.4.

On Monday, 4 November 2013 18:07:13 UTC, Ed Heyl wrote:
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Amit Rai 11/4/13 8:41 PM
may be you are missing proprietary binaries?
i build for mako and its working smoothly.
Thanks,
Amit

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 6:06:11 PM UTC+5:30, Iván Sánchez wrote:
I have succesfully built KitKat for my 2012 Nexus 7 but it stays in bootanimation. Any help?
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat chrone 11/5/13 7:58 AM
Mine was stuttering using the proprietary binaries for mako JWR66Y. What option to make the package for optimizing the build to avoid animation stuttering? I used aosp_mako-user which used odex, right?
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Amit Rai 11/5/13 8:12 PM
I also used same binaries from 4.3 and after that  in lunch menu i used, #9 i.e aosp_mako_userdebug. it build without any errors,
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat chrone 11/5/13 10:08 PM
Dear Amit,

Thanks for the reply. So I guess you're using the "mini_armv7a_neon-userdebug" combo since it's #9, right? Will try it out later this week if the factory image is not out yet. HaHa :D

Kind regards,

Charles Alva
Sent from my Nexus 4

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Android Building" group.

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Dan Robinson 11/6/13 5:27 PM
So, I seem to be getting

make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41

while trying to compile 4.4 from AOSP.

I'm not sure what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.
Here's a Pastebin of the full output.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat mateor * 11/6/13 5:58 PM

Just like the last guy, wrong java version. Kitkat seems to be more sensitive about the exact version.  JDKs that worked for jellybean are producing this error.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?hl=en#!topic/android-building/8Z5bAN7M07w

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Sree V 11/7/13 12:16 PM
Installing Java 1.6.0_26 will solve this problem. Thats how I got rid of this build issue.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Android Building" group.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Dan Robinson 11/8/13 7:27 AM

Thanks guys. I got it running.

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Ed Heyl 11/8/13 2:50 PM
Update: The kitkat branch has not merged to the master branch (yet); we are waiting until kitkat is released for the other Nexus devices.

[...]

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Jake Weinstein 11/10/13 3:39 PM
Chrone, for now, maybe try the flo EGL blobs (eglsubAndroid,libGLESv2_adreno200.so, and libgsl) along with some of their GPU driver commits to kernel.  That should smooth it up.  Runs considerably smoother than JWR66V/Y blobs on my Optimus G, so it should for you as well.
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Carlo Savignano 11/10/13 6:27 PM
Hi Ed Heyl and the whole Android Team,
i was looking to build hammerhead from aosp, but even after setting all vendor and proprietaries stuffs correctly seams that a file is missing from hammerhead related source. In hardware_qcom_display under the msm8974 sub folder that should contain nexus 5 stuffs, at a point a file named "genlock.h" isn't found in the respective index during the build process (it should be in msm8974/libgenlock/genlock.h according to the msm8960, mako, way https://android.googlesource.com/platform/hardware/qcom/display/+/kitkat-release/msm8960/libgenlock/). The file is processor specific so the other ones for msm8960 etc can't be used. It's the same for the various kitkat branches/tag so i think it's missing or genlock is abandoned but its code is not even completely removed. We can not include genlock removing its calls, but it could break something so please light us on this, thanks.

Best regards,

Carlo Savignano

P.S. Genlock is called here "hardware/qcom/media/mm-video-v4l2/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:74:21: fatal error: genlock.h: No such file or directory".

Il giorno giovedì 31 ottobre 2013 20:41:06 UTC+1, Ed Heyl ha scritto:

Today, Google took the wraps off the Nexus 5 and the Android 4.4 KitKat release. Now we're happy to announce the matching open source release. You can read more about what's new in Android 4.4 KitKat on our developer site.

We are in the process of making two new branches available:

  • kitkat-dev for kitkat open source contributions

  • kitkat-release the kitkat release build (KRT16M) for the Nexus 5--which will be tagged with android-4.4_r1.

We are making the proprietary binaries and factory images available for the Nexus 5 today as well.

In the coming weeks, other Nexus devices (Nexus 4, 7, and 10) will receive their KitKat update, and we'll make those proprietary binaries and factory images available at that time.

We will reply to this thread later this evening (PST), when everything is ready.

Enjoy!

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat DJ8218521 11/14/13 12:32 PM
Hello, I have a question.
Maybe one of you experts here could help :)
When compiling android-4.4_r1 for hammerhead, the ROM is breaking signal. I had to use factory image to get back.
After flashing the ROM I built, from source, I get unknown under IMEI, Baseband, etc .. I'm only trying to make a ''stock'' base ROM from source, I don't understand why this is happening. I had no trouble with deb. Am I missing some proprietary regarding the radio? Any help would be great! Thanks
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Andrew Bartholomew 11/14/13 11:42 PM
Hey Ed,

Can you let us know when the kernel sources are pushed for the various devices?

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Jake Weinstein 11/15/13 6:18 AM
See this thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-building/SjdAhFHYj-Q

Looks like they missed a couple proprietaries, so just pull from a working build.
Re: [android-building] Android 4.4 KitKat Daniel Fages 11/1/13 10:49 AM

On 1 Nov 2013, at 18:46, matt wolejko <mewo...@gmail.com> wrote:

The platform/manifest doesn't have a 4.4_r1 tag at this point. Does one need to be added, or is one coming?

Indeed, the platform/manifest seems to already have the 4.4_r1 tag : https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest/+/android-4.4_r1

Dan.

---

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Daniel Fages 11/1/13 8:28 AM
Yes, it should work this way

Dan.

On 1 Nov 2013, at 14:58, Iván Sánchez <ramon.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

For syncing 4.4 code should I use the following?

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.4_r1

---

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Daniel Fages 11/1/13 9:17 AM

On 1 Nov 2013, at 07:34, Kush Shrivastava <kush...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anyone got the change log?

https://funkyandroid.com/aosp-JSS15J-KRT16D.html

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:12:00 PM UTC-7, Ed Heyl wrote:
[...]

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Justin Buser 11/16/13 8:15 PM
I ran into this problem trying to repo init and sync kitkat-dev using a local mirror, I was able to resolve it by doing the following.

From my local source directory after running repo init with -b kitkat-dev pulling from my mirror directory I ran:

repo sync 2>&1 | grep fatal

This should show you the repositories that are missing from the local mirror / remote mirror manifest.

Then I added a local_manifests directory to the .repo directory in my local mirror, in that directory create a file called local_manifest.xml and add the missing projects. For example, in my case I was only missing two, so my local_manifest.xml file contained:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project path="external/lzma" name="platform/external/lzma" />
<project path="external/sil-fonts" name="platform/external/sil-fonts" />
</manifest>

After creating .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml in my local mirror directory I ran repo sync again in the mirror, you should see that the missing projects are now where they are supposed to be locally. Then just sync again in your local source directory and you shouldn't have any missing repository errors.

As far as actually building the source with the resulting sources goes I was able to successfully build the default lunch option (i.e. just running envsetup and then make) and am in the process of trying to build for various devices.

On Friday, November 1, 2013 11:09:24 AM UTC-4, Ron M wrote:
[...]

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Scott Warner 11/17/13 5:58 PM
Despite that the OTA, factory image, and binaries have all been released, there still has been no source code released for the Nexus 10, Nexus 7 (grouper), and Nexus 4 kernels.
When can we expect the kernel source to be released?

- Scott

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:12:00 PM UTC-4, Ed Heyl wrote:

[...]

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Anders Nielsen 11/18/13 2:48 AM
When can we expect to get kitkat merged to the master branch ?  seems like kernel sources for the nexus devices is the missing part ?
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Jek Zhg 11/20/13 7:00 PM
Do I have to update it from 4.3version?

在 2013年11月1日星期五UTC+8上午3时41分06秒,Ed Heyl写道:

Today, Google took the wraps off the Nexus 5 and the Android 4.4 KitKat release. Now we're happy to announce the matching open source release. You can read more about what's new in Android 4.4 KitKat on our developer site.

We are in the process of making two new branches available:

  • kitkat-dev for kitkat open source contributions

  • kitkat-release the kitkat release build (KRT16M) for the Nexus 5--which will be tagged with android-4.4_r1.

We are making the proprietary binaries and factory images available for the Nexus 5 today as well.

In the coming weeks, other Nexus devices (Nexus 4, 7, and 10) will receive their KitKat update, and we'll make those proprietary binaries and factory images available at that time.

We will reply to this thread later this evening (PST), when everything is ready.

Enjoy!

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Jameson Williams 12/2/13 2:20 AM
Hi all,

A month late and a dollar short, here are some user notes on building KitKat for the Nexus 5: http://nosemaj.org/howto-build-android-kitkat-nexus-5

Best,
Jameson

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:41:06 PM UTC-7, Ed Heyl wrote:
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Dave Turvene 12/3/13 12:33 PM
On Monday, December 2, 2013 5:20:53 AM UTC-5, Jameson Williams wrote:
Hi all,

A month late and a dollar short, here are some user notes on building KitKat for the Nexus 5: http://nosemaj.org/howto-build-android-kitkat-nexus-5

Best,
Jameson

Not a dollar short by any means; this is an excellent document and serves to clarify some of the procedures on the http://source.android.com pages.  Furthermore, collecting/recovering the scattered proprietary drivers sounds painful.

I performed similar steps to build 4.4 (KRT16S) on a Nexus7 grouper.  I had been running a custom 4.3 (JWR66Y) so the OTA 4.4 update failed.   My notes:
* used a custom buildspec.mk to set my ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES for debugging and rooting.  Also it does away with using the lunch bash scripts.
* vendor/nvidia/grouper/keymaster/keymaster_grouper.cpp failed to compile because UniquePtr.h could not be found.  Android.mk showed LOCAL_C_INCLUDES pointing to libcore/include.  UniquePtr.h is defined in libcore/include/utils.  DO NOT reference libnativehelper/include/nativehelper/UniquePtr.h

Luckily for me it looks like the proprietary drivers I need are all at

I have not tested the camera yet.  I hope to write up my build steps shortly (after building the kernel to include modules, etc.)

@google support: I'll search for a  bug report on keymaster_grouper.cpp compile problem and enter one if not found.
Re: Android 4.4 KitKat prGD 1/21/14 8:54 PM
We have Nexus-5 device,

Hi All,

Downloaded AOSP KitKat code (android-4.4_r1) and Nexus Binaris,
Built for hammerhead (aosp_hammerhead-userdebug) and flashed to Nexus 5 LG device.

Camera and other stuff works fine, but
my Aritel sim is not getting detected.
Can anybody know what might be the problem here.

On Friday, 1 November 2013 01:11:06 UTC+5:30, Ed Heyl wrote:

Today, Google took the wraps off the Nexus 5 and the Android 4.4 KitKat release. Now we're happy to announce the matching open source release. You can read more about what's new in Android 4.4 KitKat on our developer site.

We are in the process of making two new branches available:

  • kitkat-dev for kitkat open source contributions

  • kitkat-release the kitkat release build (KRT16M) for the Nexus 5--which will be tagged with android-4.4_r1.

We are making the proprietary binaries and factory images available for the Nexus 5 today as well.

In the coming weeks, other Nexus devices (Nexus 4, 7, and 10) will receive their KitKat update, and we'll make those proprietary binaries and factory images available at that time.

We will reply to this thread later this evening (PST), when everything is ready.

Enjoy!

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat prGD 1/21/14 8:59 PM

I have Downloaded AOSP KitKat code (android-4.4_r1) and Nexus Binaries,
Built for hammerhead (aosp_hammerhead-userdebug) and flashed to Nexus 5 LG device.

Camera and other stuff works fine, but
my Airtel SIM is not getting detected.
Can anybody know what might be the problem here.

NOTE: If I flash Nexus Factory Images, it is getting detected.

[...]

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Jey 1/21/14 10:18 PM
You may have to manually set the APN entries for Airtel sim?
This link (http://www.airtel-vodafone.com/318-Android-Settings.php) could be a start.  You may have to search for the correct setting for your region.   I just got the above link from Googling 'APN for Airtel'

-Jey

---

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Dirk Jäckel 1/22/14 12:58 AM
On 22.01.14 05:54, prGD wrote:
> We have Nexus-5 device,
>

> Hi All,
>
> Downloaded AOSP KitKat code (android-4.4_r1) and Nexus Binaris,
> Built for hammerhead (aosp_hammerhead-userdebug) and flashed to Nexus
> 5 LG device.
>
> Camera and other stuff works fine, but
> my Aritel sim is not getting detected.
> Can anybody know what might be the problem here.

Hi!

I had the same problem. You are probably missing the binearies that are
NOT in the binary package that is distributed by Google.

I already reported this on this list
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-building/SjdAhFHYj-Q/oEnRX02sQM0J>,
but it seems nobody at Google cares to respond or add the missing
binaries to their distribution.

In the past, JBQ at least told us what was missing.

Regards,
Dirk
More topics »