Java heap space when build javalib.jar

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
Java heap space when build javalib.jar Hilda Chen 10/8/12 3:26 AM
Hi:
I built android source code and get the error as following:
    at org.objectweb.asm.ByteVector.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.toByteArray(Unknown Source)
    at com.android.tools.layoutlib.create.AsmGenerator.transform(AsmGenerator.java:333)
    at com.android.tools.layoutlib.create.AsmGenerator.generate(AsmGenerator.java:216)
    at com.android.tools.layoutlib.create.Main.main(Main.java:98)
make: *** [out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/temp_layoutlib_intermediates/javalib.jar] Error 1

Is there someone know what can i do?
I think the solution is that find the .mk file which is in the temp_layoutlib's father directory, But I didn't find it.
Thanks!
Hilda
Hilda
Re: [android-building] Java heap space when build javalib.jar Conley Owens 10/8/12 9:26 AM
Do you have 16GB of RAM/swap?  Are you using a 64bit OS?
Re: [android-building] Java heap space when build javalib.jar Ying Wang 10/8/12 10:19 AM
temp_layoutlib is defined in frameworks/base/tools/layoutlib/Android.mk.
Maybe you should try increasing the jvm heap of the rule by adding some "java -Xmxn...".

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Hilda Chen <hilda.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hilda

Re: [android-building] Java heap space when build javalib.jar Hilda Chen 10/8/12 7:00 PM
I am using 64bit os and 4G RAM.

在 2012年10月9日星期二UTC+8上午12时26分37秒,Conley Owens写道:
Re: [android-building] Java heap space when build javalib.jar Hilda Chen 10/9/12 12:30 AM
Thanks for your reply. I have another problem: make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/AsusReader_intermediates/proguard.classes.jar] Error 1. I want to find the Android.mk that define the apps,Would you please tell me?
And do you know the reason why this kind of problems are being?
Thanks!.

在 2012年10月9日星期二UTC+8上午1时19分22秒,Ying Wang写道:
Re: [android-building] Java heap space when build javalib.jar Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 5:51 AM
The following command returns nothing. Somehow, you're not using an
AOSP tree. We can't help you.

find . -name Android.mk | xargs grep AsusReader

JBQ
--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.
Re: [android-building] Java heap space when build javalib.jar Magnus Bäck 10/9/12 5:53 AM
On Tuesday, October 09, 2012 at 03:30 EDT,
     Hilda Chen <hilda.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. I have another problem: make: ***
> [out/target/common/obj/APPS/AsusReader_intermediates/proguard.classes.jar]
> Error 1.

You haven't included the actual error message, just make's announcement
that there was an error. That makes it impossible to help.

> I want to find the Android.mk that define the apps,Would you please
> tell me?

Your source tree apparently contains an Android.mk with the string
"AsusReader" in it. Finding that file should be trivial.

> And do you know the reason why this kind of problems are being?

AOSP doesn't contain an application named AsusReader. If you're having
problems building that application I suggest you ask whoever supplied
you with the source code.

--
Magnus Bäck
ba...@google.com
     Hilda Chen <hilda.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using 64bit os and 4G RAM.

4 GB RAM is probably insufficient. You can try without a -j option
to make. Making sure you have ample swap space could also help.
Otherwise you simply have to get more RAM, or build an older Android
release if that's an option. I'm not sure if I've built ICS on a 4 GB
machine, but Gingerbread and earlier certainly works.

--
Magnus Bäck
ba...@google.com

在 2012年10月9日星期二UTC+8下午8时59分21秒,Magnus Bäck写道: