connect 2 emulators over lan

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
connect 2 emulators over lan arin 2/4/10 9:29 PM
Is it possible to connect 2 emulators e1 & e2 running separately in
machines m1 & m2 connected over a ethernet LAN cable to send and
receive data? note that I dont want to use internet at this point and
my app will purely be designed as a local server-client app for
testing.

I am looking for a specific answer. Will appreciate if anyone can
refer some examples too...

regards,
Arin

Re: connect 2 emulators over lan Kitzy 2/5/10 6:48 AM
Would your test work if you have two emulators running on the same
machine?  I know you can text from one emulator to the other, etc.

-Kitzy

Re: [android-beginners] connect 2 emulators over lan Kokki 2/5/10 3:39 AM
I have tried with two emulators running in same machine with tcp redirecting.

I have also tried with two emulators running in two different machines, but it didn't work out since each emulator runs behind its own proxy.

I am also looking for some solution.

With regards
abthul

For more options, visit this group at

Re: connect 2 emulators over lan Kitzy 2/10/10 9:57 AM
you can create two different emulators in eclipse with the same
properties, but name them different and start them both in eclipse.
They can text and call each other.

On Feb 5, 4:39 am, ABTHUL RAZEETH <abthulraze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried with two emulators running in same machine with tcp
> redirecting.
>
> I have also tried with two emulators running in two different machines, but
> it didn't work out since each emulator runs behind its own proxy.
>
> I am also looking for some solution.
>
> With regards
> abthulOn Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 10:59 AM, arin <arinv1618b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to connect 2 emulators e1 & e2 running separately in
> > machines m1 & m2 connected over a ethernet LAN cable to send and
> > receive data? note that I dont want to use internet at this point and
> > my app will purely be designed as a local server-client app for
> > testing.
>
> > I am looking for a specific answer. Will appreciate if anyone can
> > refer some examples too...
>
> > regards,
> > Arin
>
> > --

> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-beginners?hl=en

Re: [android-beginners] connect 2 emulators over lan David Turner 2/11/10 2:26 PM
You can, but each emulator redirection that you can setup affects the localhost interface.
You will thus need to setup a network -> localhost redirection with another program, for example with ssh,

for example: let's assume the following:

the client is running inside e1/m1, m1 having the IP address <ip1> on the LAN
the server is running inside e2/m2, m2 having the IP address <ip2> on the LAN

1. Have the server listen to 10.0.2.2:<port>, this is automatically mapped to m2:localhost:<port>
2. Use a program on m2 to tunnel requests from <ip2>:<port> to localhost:<port>. On unix, you can use ssh to do that, on Windows, I guess putty can do that to.
3. Have the client on e1/m1 connect to <ip2>:<port> directly

Voila. The most difficult part will be 2.

Hope this helps.

For more options, visit this group at