Plugin for MyContactCard

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Plugin for MyContactCard Friedger Müffke 11/14/10 8:04 AM
A plugin to check whether "My Contact Card" is available would be nice.

Simple check for
content://contacts/myContactCard

I think it is important to get a consens of these URI over all devices
as this provides a great functionality.

Cheers
Friedger

Re: Plugin for MyContactCard Friedger Müffke 11/14/10 1:06 PM
Thinking about it I would add it to the APIPlugin, I'll give it a trial.

Friedger

2010/11/14 Friedger Müffke <frie...@googlemail.com>:

Re: Plugin for MyContactCard Friedger Müffke 11/14/10 4:37 PM
Attached a patch that provides the (mime-) type of  MyContactCard if available.

new Node is:
Contacts -> MyContactCard type


2010/11/14 Friedger Müffke <frie...@googlemail.com>:

--
OpenIntents UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Suarezstraße 41
14057 Berlin
tel:+49 30 60982220
mailto:in...@openintents.biz
enum:+493060982220

Vertretungsberechtigter Geschäftsführer: Friedger Müffke
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Berlin (Charlottenburg)
Registernummer: HRB 118597
Ust-IdNr: DE265992701

Re: [android-analyzer] Re: Plugin for MyContactCard s.djukic 11/16/10 4:22 AM

Friedger,

Thanks a lot for your new contribution!

The feature looks useful and the code is ok, but while running it on
several devices with different manufacturers we couldn't find any that
returns a handler for this uri. Do you know which devices/OEMs might
have built-in support for this?

In any case, we will merge it into the SVN asap.

Thanks a lot,
Sinisha

On 15/11/2010 02:37, Friedger M�ffke wrote:
> Attached a patch that provides the (mime-) type of  MyContactCard if available.
>
> new Node is:
> Contacts -> MyContactCard type
>
>
> 2010/11/14 Friedger M�ffke <frie...@googlemail.com>:

>> Thinking about it I would add it to the APIPlugin, I'll give it a trial.
>>
>> Friedger
>>
>> 2010/11/14 Friedger M�ffke <frie...@googlemail.com>:

>>> A plugin to check whether "My Contact Card" is available would be nice.
>>>
>>> Simple check for
>>> content://contacts/myContactCard
>>>
>>> I think it is important to get a consens of these URI over all devices
>>> as this provides a great functionality.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Friedger
>>>
>

Re: [android-analyzer] Re: Plugin for MyContactCard Friedger Müffke 11/16/10 5:46 AM

It worked for Htc.
Sonyericsson has something, i still wait for an an answer how to access the contact card.

Am 16.11.2010 13:22 schrieb "Sinisha Djukic" <s.dj...@gmail.com>:
>
> Friedger,
>
> Thanks a lot for your new contribution!
>
> The feature looks useful and the code is ok, but while running it on
> several devices with different manufacturers we couldn't find any that
> returns a handler for this uri. Do you know which devices/OEMs might
> have built-in support for this?
>
> In any case, we will merge it into the SVN asap.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Sinisha
>
> On 15/11/2010 02:37, Friedger Müffke wrote:
>> Attached a patch that provides the (mime-) type of MyContactCard if available.
>>
>> new Node is:
>> Contacts -> MyContactCard type
>>
>>
>> 2010/11/14 Friedger Müffke <frie...@googlemail.com>:

>>> Thinking about it I would add it to the APIPlugin, I'll give it a trial.
>>>
>>> Friedger
>>>
>>> 2010/11/14 Friedger Müffke <frie...@googlemail.com>:

>>>> A plugin to check whether "My Contact Card" is available would be nice.
>>>>
>>>> Simple check for
>>>> content://contacts/myContactCard
>>>>
>>>> I think it is important to get a consens of these URI over all devices
>>>> as this provides a great functionality.
>>>>
>>>> Cheers
>>>> Friedger
>>>>
>>
Re: [android-analyzer] Re: Plugin for MyContactCard Georgi Chepilev 11/22/10 2:21 AM
Hi Friedger,

I try the patch you provided on several HTC devices such as  HTC Dream, HTC Legend and Samsung GT-I9000 (Galaxy S), but the result is the same, the report says that "MyContactCard type" node has "Unknown" value.
Is the way that you get the value for contact card is specific only to the HTC devices? I mean this line - Uri.parse("content://contacts/myContactCard")). Could you please tell us on what HTC model you are testing and is there any news from SonyEricsson?

Best regards,
Georgi.
Re: [android-analyzer] Re: Plugin for MyContactCard Friedger Müffke 1/9/11 5:08 AM
Hi Georgi,

Sorry, for the late reply.

Currently, I don't know any device that provides a MyContactCard type,
therefore, the value is always unknow.
However, the HTC devices support the MyContactCard as the Uri is
resolved, they just don't return a mime-type. Maybe one should have an
extra flag "supports MyContactCard" to make a clear distinction to
devices that don't resolve the Uri.

I will check back with Sony Ericsson later this week.

Cheers
Friedger

2010/11/22 Georgi Chepilev <georgi....@gmail.com>:

--

OpenIntents UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Suarezstraße 41
14057 Berlin
tel:+49 30 60982220
mailto:in...@openintents.biz
enum:+493060982220

Vertretungsberechtigter Geschäftsführer: Friedger Müffke
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Berlin (Charlottenburg)
Registernummer: HRB 118597
Ust-IdNr: DE265992701