Unofficial TrueCrypt Site

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Unofficial TrueCrypt Site us...@paranoid.xx 2/6/04 4:56 PM

Thank you.

Unofficial TrueCrypt Site us...@paranoid.xx 2/6/04 5:39 PM
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:09:36 +0000, John Smith <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

>LOL, was that a request?

No, I was saying it was nice of someone to grow a pair and post it.

Unofficial TrueCrypt Site nemo outis 2/6/04 6:22 PM

TK?  Takelau?  How do you get a website on a remote bunch of tiny
pacific atolls, on which the the highest point is 5 m above sea
level?

Regards,

Unofficial TrueCrypt Site us...@paranoid.xx 2/6/04 7:06 PM
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 02:22:07 GMT, nemo ou...@erewhon.com (nemo outis)
wrote:

>TK?  Takelau?  How do you get a website on a remote bunch of tiny
>pacific atolls, on which the the highest point is 5 m above sea
>level?

lol - All that and only $9.95! http://www.dot.tk/

Unofficial TrueCrypt Site Andraia Matrix 2/6/04 7:08 PM
> TK?  Takelau?  How do you get a website on a remote bunch of tiny
> pacific atolls, on which the the highest point is 5 m above sea
> level?

It's free.

However, you are only 'borrowing' the domain.  If you want to own it, you
have to pay for it, just like with any other place.

Frankly, with many domain's costing about us$6-8 these days, there's not
much point in doing a freebie.  There are a lot of country domains
available, with new ones becoming publicly available regularly.  (ie: you
don't have to live in the country to register a domain there.)

Just go over to dot.tk or nic.tk and read the FAQs etc.  There are
limitations, including being required to get enough domain hits in order to
keep the domain.

I think there are one or two other places that also do this, but right off
hand I can't remember where.

I own several domains and it just isn't worth messing with a freebie and
their limitations.