'Minor' synchronicities, chance encounters...

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
'Minor' synchronicities, chance encounters... Sue Howard 2/8/12 3:07 AM
Amusing story which I can sort of relate to (starring Isaac Bonewits,
RAW, Bill Nelson):

http://www.billnelson.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18704
Re: 'Minor' synchronicities, chance encounters... RMJon23 2/9/12 9:39 PM
I read this and thought, "I know who Bonewits is, but the only Bill Nelson I know was that amazing guitarist from Be Bop Deluxe..." and found out it was the same guy. Weird! He'd fallen off my screen. I didn't know Nelson was infl. by magick. But it makes sense. He playing on Sunburst Finish seems vastly underrated to me. He was a big infl on Randy Rhoads, who later played in Ozzy Osbourne, and played a firebreathing solo on "Mr. Crowley," a dumb song about Uncle Al.
Re: 'Minor' synchronicities, chance encounters... Sue Howard 2/10/12 7:45 AM
On Feb 10, 5:39 am, RMJon23 wrote:
> I read this and thought, "I know who Bonewits is, but the only Bill Nelson I know was that amazing guitarist from Be Bop Deluxe..." and found out it was the same guy. Weird! He'd fallen off my screen. I didn't know Nelson was infl. by magick. But it makes sense. He playing on Sunburst Finish seems vastly underrated to me. [...]

Yep. I don't normally post music videos, but I'll make an exception
with a plug for Bill Nelson, since I first heard of RAW's 'Secrets of
Power' recording from him years ago. Prolific (over 70 albums I think)
covering everything from 'occult ambient' and weird pop to ebow
virtuosity and Christmassy atmospheres:

Christmas:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu3nzyLSi2Q
ebow:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ__-vr-XDg
weird pop:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAIVe_VeUuU
occult ambient:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL8s59IvO0A

Approved by JR "Bob" Dobbs (Bill is on one of those "Repent" tapes).