Anyone else out there?

Showing 1-34 of 34 messages
Anyone else out there? Dragen 1/19/98 12:00 AM

That's it? o.O  Only 8 people, counting myself have
read and wrote to this board this weekend.  That's
not saying a whole lot, is it? o.O

Dragen
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragen's Den - http://members.aol.com/dragen/home.html
 Home of the Cheetah Shrine, 100 images of everyone's
  favorite werecheetah, Britanny Diggers. (Pick up a
 copy of Gold Digger someday if you haven't already.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else out there? Dragen 1/19/98 12:00 AM

Jason Eric Fisher wrote:

>
> Dragen <Dra...@aol.com> writes:
>
> >That's it? o.O  Only 8 people, counting myself have
> >read and wrote to this board this weekend.  That's
> >not saying a whole lot, is it? o.O
>
> Okay, add me to the list....
> I'm just lazy about posting. :)
>
> Jason
>
> BTW I'm trying to get Fred to attend Animazement '98. I've mailed him
> a few times but haven't gotten a real response...
>

Hey there, Jason!  So when and where is Animazement?
Have you also spoken to the staff for the con about
inviting him as a guest, including paying for his room
and airfare to the convention? o.O


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragen's Den - http://members.aol.com/dragen/home.html
 Home of the Cheetah Shrine, 100 images of everyone's
  favorite werecheetah, Britanny Diggers. (Pick up a
 copy of Gold Digger someday if you haven't already.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else out there? Jason Eric Fisher 1/20/98 12:00 AM

Dragen <Dra...@aol.com> writes:

>That's it? o.O  Only 8 people, counting myself have
>read and wrote to this board this weekend.  That's
>not saying a whole lot, is it? o.O

Okay, add me to the list....
I'm just lazy about posting. :)

Jason

BTW I'm trying to get Fred to attend Animazement '98. I've mailed him
a few times but haven't gotten a real response...

--
They say I sold my soul. We all reap what we sow.
They say I lost my way. I'll wait for Judgement Day.
And don't pray for my soul.
                    -Gary Numan, A Question of Faith
+----------------------------------------------+
|Jason Fisher, EE Undergrad  jefi...@pobox.com|
+----------------------------------------------+
End of Line.

Anyone else out there? Core Dump 1/20/98 12:00 AM

Dragen <Dra...@aol.com> writes:

>That's it? o.O  Only 8 people, counting myself have
>read and wrote to this board this weekend.  That's
>not saying a whole lot, is it? o.O

>Dragen

Ok, just to make you happy, I'll be number 9. ^_^  Hi everybody.  

Hey, isn't Fred supposed to be attending Otakon or Katsucon or one of
those other conventions in the D.C. area?  If so, I better get my act
together and get a *gasp* job so I can get some money to attend.  Oh heck,
I better do it anyway. <g>

Shelby

--
=============================================================
| Borg, James Borg.  007 of 009.  Assimilated, not stirred. |
| http://www.concentric.net/~shelbyh/                       |
| shelbyh at concentric dot net : no junk mail, please      |

Anyone else out there? SirStar 1/20/98 12:00 AM

> Hey, isn't Fred supposed to be attending Otakon or Katsucon or one of
> those other conventions in the D.C. area?  If so, I better get my act
> together and get a *gasp* job so I can get some money to attend.  Oh
heck,
> I better do it anyway. <g>
>
> Shelby

If anyone has more info on this convention, PLEASE let me know!!!  I would
like to go to meet fred if he's going to be in the DC area (as it's not
that far from me....)

                        Thanks!!!
                                Wade

Anyone else out there? Jason Eric Fisher 1/20/98 12:00 AM

Dragen <Dra...@aol.com> writes:

>Jason Eric Fisher wrote:
>> BTW I'm trying to get Fred to attend Animazement '98. I've mailed him
>> a few times but haven't gotten a real response...
>>

>Hey there, Jason!  So when and where is Animazement?


>Have you also spoken to the staff for the con about
>inviting him as a guest, including paying for his room
>and airfare to the convention? o.O

Funny you should ask... ;)

<SalesPitch>

   Animazement '98 is a new Anime convention on the east coast. It will
be held on March 20th-22nd at the North Raleigh Hilton in Raleigh, North
Carolina. For complete details, confirmed guests, event information, and
volunteering information, please check our web site at:
http://www.sorrelltech.com/~animazement

</SalesPitch>

Now on to some specific answers:

I am one of the organizers of Animazement '98 (I'm the security chief).
I've talked extensively with the Guest Relations department, and have
the official go-ahead on inviting Mr. Perry, and I've sent him email
regarding the convention dates, what we offer guest artists (like
hotel, travel expenses, table space, etc.) but I haven't gotten a real
response either way (I have gotten a couple of responses, but nothing
indicating possible attendance). If anyone has another way of contacting
Fred, please do so (or let me know how if you'd like) so that I can try
to get closure on this.

   We'd really love to have him attend the convention, and there are a
number of his fans in the Raleigh area (many of which I introduced to
his work; Gold Digger'll get 'em every time!) who are excited about the
possibility.

   If you have additional questions regarding Animazement '98, please
feel free to email me at jefi...@pobox.com (or, barring that, follow-up
to this post and I'll see it)(but that might annoy others, so try and
stay on topic).

Regards,

Jason


--
They say I sold my soul. We all reap what we sow.
They say I lost my way. I'll wait for Judgement Day.
And don't pray for my soul.
                    -Gary Numan, A Question of Faith
+----------------------------------------------+
|Jason Fisher, EE Undergrad  jefi...@pobox.com|
+----------------------------------------------+
End of Line.

Anyone else out there? Dragen 1/20/98 12:00 AM

Fred had plans to attend last year's Katsucon in Virginia
Beach but because of stupid con politics, his invitation
never reached him, he didn't have a ticket or a hotel room
waiting for him, so he had to cancel his plans for
attending.

What does that have to do with this year??  Well, after
talking with several staff members of Katsucon last year,
I was told it was all a mixup and they'd love to have
Fred back at the convention (he was at the first two) and
that they'd make sure the screw up didn't happen again...
but it has.  The convention is only one month away and
Fred's still waiting to see if the convention wants him
as a guest.  So... if he does get invited to Katsucon 4,
which has moved to Alexandria, VA this year, he'll be
attending.

Information on the con can be found at:
http://www.io.com/~katsucon/K4.html

Dragen


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragen's Den - http://members.aol.com/dragen/home.html
 Home of the Cheetah Shrine, 100 images of everyone's
  favorite werecheetah, Britanny Diggers. (Pick up a
 copy of Gold Digger someday if you haven't already.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else out there? Dragen 1/20/98 12:00 AM

Jason Eric Fisher wrote:
 
> I am one of the organizers of Animazement '98 (I'm the security chief).
> I've talked extensively with the Guest Relations department, and have
> the official go-ahead on inviting Mr. Perry, and I've sent him email
> regarding the convention dates, what we offer guest artists (like
> hotel, travel expenses, table space, etc.) but I haven't gotten a real
> response either way (I have gotten a couple of responses, but nothing
> indicating possible attendance). If anyone has another way of contacting
> Fred, please do so (or let me know how if you'd like) so that I can try
> to get closure on this.
>
>    We'd really love to have him attend the convention, and there are a
> number of his fans in the Raleigh area (many of which I introduced to
> his work; Gold Digger'll get 'em every time!) who are excited about the
> possibility.
>
>    If you have additional questions regarding Animazement '98, please
> feel free to email me at jefi...@pobox.com (or, barring that, follow-up
> to this post and I'll see it)(but that might annoy others, so try and
> stay on topic).

Well, if Tessa doesn't do it before I do, I'll ask Fred about
the convention next time I speak with him.  Usually what he's
required when asked to appear at a convention were that the
convention pay the airfare and hotel room.  I dunno what he
might be doing in March... that's a month after Katsucon, but
I'll talk more about that in another post.

Dragen (:-


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragen's Den - http://members.aol.com/dragen/home.html
 Home of the Cheetah Shrine, 100 images of everyone's
  favorite werecheetah, Britanny Diggers. (Pick up a
 copy of Gold Digger someday if you haven't already.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else out there? Philip J. Moyer 1/20/98 12:00 AM

*Man about in his early 20's, somewhat disheveled, steps up to the podium.
Behind him is the "Fred Perry Fans Anonymous" banner.*

*Man waves*

Man: Um... hi...  I'm Philip, I've been a fan of Gold Digger since, um,
     around 1994, back when he was just getting up to the Brendan
     storyline... I've got the graphic novels up to but not including
     issue #10, since that's when I started collecting the comixs
     themselves, and I'm eagerly awaiting the GD-18 issue so I can
     catch up on the little extras that only appeared in the GN's.  I
     also peek in on the newsgroup occasionaly, when I can.. and.. um...
     I guess that's it.

*Philip hurries offstage*

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Dragen wrote:

> Fred had plans to attend last year's Katsucon in Virginia
> Beach but because of stupid con politics, his invitation
> never reached him, he didn't have a ticket or a hotel room
> waiting for him, so he had to cancel his plans for
> attending.

*nodnod* Goddess, I remember that.... it was still a fun 'con, but there
was something... 'lacking' without Fred. :/ *sigh*

(Though, I -do- remember some of the more interesting times that occured
-because- of this... if you ever encounter Ron Murphy, a talented
fanartist in my area, bring up "The Unofficial Fred Perry Subsitute".
Just don't tell him I toldja. ;)

> What does that have to do with this year??  Well, after
> talking with several staff members of Katsucon last year,
> I was told it was all a mixup and they'd love to have
> Fred back at the convention (he was at the first two) and
> that they'd make sure the screw up didn't happen again...
> but it has.  The convention is only one month away and
> Fred's still waiting to see if the convention wants him
> as a guest.  So... if he does get invited to Katsucon 4,
> which has moved to Alexandria, VA this year, he'll be
> attending.

*poik* *poik* (not *poki* *poki*)

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

(What's the -point- of putting his name on the K4 web page and the flyers
if they haven't -asked- him yet?!)

*sound of head pounding against wall*

... we went through this -last- year... *muttergrumble* *siiiigh* looks
like it's time to start emailing and calling the Katsu staff to get a
confirm on his appearance, because I can really only go -TO- only one
convention per year, and Katsu's it. :P (And this year is nice because
it's even -closer- to my home than the last 3 years.. a 45 min Beltway
commute is much nicer than a 2.5 hour drive to Va. Beach.)

(so sue me, I want my Fred Perry fix. ^_-; )

--- Philip
(check out http://www.jurai.net/~pmoyer/ , if you so desire...)

Philip Moyer----------------Qapla'-------------pmoyer@jurai.net
"To boldly go where no one has gone before!"-Capt. J. L. Picard
"Roads? Where we're going we don't NEED roads!"-Dr. E. L. Brown
   "If it can be dreamed, It can be done."- ReRob Mandeville
"Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection, The Lovers,
---------- The Dreamers, and Me."- Kermit The Frog ------------


Anyone else out there? Dragen 1/20/98 12:00 AM

Philip J. Moyer wrote:
>
> *Man about in his early 20's, somewhat disheveled, steps up to the podium.
> Behind him is the "Fred Perry Fans Anonymous" banner.*
>
> *Man waves*
>
> Man: Um... hi...  I'm Philip, I've been a fan of Gold Digger since, um,
>      around 1994, back when he was just getting up to the Brendan
>      storyline... I've got the graphic novels up to but not including
>      issue #10, since that's when I started collecting the comixs
>      themselves, and I'm eagerly awaiting the GD-18 issue so I can
>      catch up on the little extras that only appeared in the GN's.  I
>      also peek in on the newsgroup occasionaly, when I can.. and.. um...
>      I guess that's it.
>
> *Philip hurries offstage*
>
::laughs after reading::  Thanks, I needed a good chuckle.  Very cute.
I always wondered where some of the older fans were... The circulation
has increased from around 2000 to 6000 since the beginning of GD but
from all I can see, only a few hundred fans who started with the series
are still reading it (myself included with that bunch.)  Where'd the
rest of them go? o.O

So how did you find out about GD?

> *nodnod* Goddess, I remember that.... it was still a fun 'con, but there
> was something... 'lacking' without Fred. :/ *sigh*
>
> (Though, I -do- remember some of the more interesting times that occured
> -because- of this... if you ever encounter Ron Murphy, a talented
> fanartist in my area, bring up "The Unofficial Fred Perry Subsitute".
> Just don't tell him I toldja. ;)
>

::laughs::  I remember Ronzo.  I was the first person to ever ask him
for a picture.  His first comission. (;-  I'm surprised you don't
recall talking with me, Phillip.  I was with him most of the time.  I
asked a friend of his whom I can talk with through email (Ron doesn't
have an email address) and was told he plans to attend this year also.
He'd really like to meet Fred.

> > What does that have to do with this year??  Well, after
> > talking with several staff members of Katsucon last year,
> > I was told it was all a mixup and they'd love to have
> > Fred back at the convention (he was at the first two) and
> > that they'd make sure the screw up didn't happen again...
> > but it has.  The convention is only one month away and
> > Fred's still waiting to see if the convention wants him
> > as a guest.  So... if he does get invited to Katsucon 4,
> > which has moved to Alexandria, VA this year, he'll be
> > attending.
>
> *poik* *poik* (not *poki* *poki*)
>
> ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....
>
> (What's the -point- of putting his name on the K4 web page and the flyers
> if they haven't -asked- him yet?!)
>
> *sound of head pounding against wall*
>

::quickly puts a pillow between Phillip's head and the wall::  Now,
now...
It doesn't do any good damaging property. ::grins::

> ... we went through this -last- year... *muttergrumble* *siiiigh* looks
> like it's time to start emailing and calling the Katsu staff to get a
> confirm on his appearance, because I can really only go -TO- only one
> convention per year, and Katsu's it. :P (And this year is nice because
> it's even -closer- to my home than the last 3 years.. a 45 min Beltway
> commute is much nicer than a 2.5 hour drive to Va. Beach.)
>
> (so sue me, I want my Fred Perry fix. ^_-; )
>
> --- Philip

My belief is that they DID ask Fred to come, since I
conveyed an invitation and apology from last year to
him only a week after Katsucon 3, but they haven't
provided Fred with an airline ticket or hotel room.

What sort of convention asks a guest to pay his own
way and then expects him to "work" for them by hosting
panels and drawing in crowds by having his name on
their flyer??

Isn't it already bad enough that Antarcticon was
cancelled?  Hmph, it's becoming harder and harder for
me to get my fix also.

Dragen


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragen's Den - http://members.aol.com/dragen/home.html
 Home of the Cheetah Shrine, 100 images of everyone's
  favorite werecheetah, Britanny Diggers. (Pick up a
 copy of Gold Digger someday if you haven't already.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else out there? Tessaria 1/20/98 12:00 AM

Jason Eric Fisher wrote:
>
> Dragen <Dra...@aol.com> writes:
>
> >That's it? o.O  Only 8 people, counting myself have
> >read and wrote to this board this weekend.  That's
> >not saying a whole lot, is it? o.O
>
> Okay, add me to the list....
> I'm just lazy about posting. :)
>
> Jason
>
> BTW I'm trying to get Fred to attend Animazement '98. I've mailed him
> a few times but haven't gotten a real response...
>

Jason,

I'll make sure you get an official reply no later than Feb 2nd.  Fred's
on vacation for the next two weeks so that's the best I can do :/ Just
to put your mind a bit at ease, he has mentioned your emails to me in
telephone conversations, so I know he's thinking about it.  His schedule
right now is totally wild so I'll ask on his behalf that you excuse the
delay in getting you a firm answer :)

Tessa

Anyone else out there? Tessaria 1/20/98 12:00 AM

Woah there guys!  Let's not inflict any person injuries here :)  

To set the record straight :

This years missed con in England was due Fred's inability to obtain a
passport in time to fly out of the country.  As a matter of fact, due to
a misunderstanding, Fred originally thought the con was at the end of
January, not the end of December.  He even cancelled a plane ticket of
his own which would have taken him home to his family in Virginia for
Christmas so he could attend the English con.  He paid out a great deal
of money to try and have the passport rushed through the red tape..but
it wasn't fast enough because of the holidays.  Trust me, he was a
basket case when it didn't come in time.  He felt horrid for having to
disappoint so many people.  He planned to Fed Ex some brand new original
art as soon as he found out he wasn't going to make it...but again, due
to the holidays it fell through.  

The Katsucon 4 people *have* been contacted to see what their intent is
with regard to airfare and accomodations.  I will post a notice here and
on the FPFC site as soon as final word comes in.  Fred and I did attend
Anime Weekend in Atlanta at our own expense, but that was a special
exception (okay, okay...I'd never been there and I wanted to go :D )
Maybe I'll have to blackmail Pocki with that picture of him and the
penguin from AWA (just kidding!!!).

Tessa

Anyone else out there? Philip J. Moyer 1/20/98 12:00 AM

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Dragen wrote:

> ::laughs after reading::  Thanks, I needed a good chuckle.  Very cute.

You're welcome.  Always happy to oblige. ^_^

> I always wondered where some of the older fans were... The circulation
> has increased from around 2000 to 6000 since the beginning of GD but
> from all I can see, only a few hundred fans who started with the series
> are still reading it (myself included with that bunch.)  Where'd the
> rest of them go? o.O

They're either in hiding, or don't have good net access... I know of a lot
of my friends at our local comics shop (Closet of Comics) like it and
still read it..

> So how did you find out about GD?

*Philip pulls over a rocking chair, sits in it, dons his 'Ol' Man Phil'
cap:*

Why, ah ree-membah the first time ah read of th' 'ventures of Gina 'n
Britt'ny 'n Breeee-anaa!  It was late in '93, 'n I wuz just stoppin' by me
comics store to see what they had from that 'Dunn' feller... what was it
again?  Oh, right?  That fancy-schmanzy 'En Ache Ess'!  But anyway....
Ah was lookin' over th' comics racks, when ah happened to spy a comic
cover with a fair-lookin' female, another inna shower, and some sorta
flamin' -rodent-! So, natcherally, ah picked it up, looked through it, 'n
fell in love with "Gold Digger" at first sight.

*Philip takes off his hat, gets out of the rocking chair, and tucks it
away*

> ::laughs::  I remember Ronzo.  I was the first person to ever ask him
> for a picture.  His first comission. (;-  I'm surprised you don't
> recall talking with me, Phillip.  I was with him most of the time.  I

Actually, I -do- recall talking with you, Dragen.  I also recall talking
with you at Katsu 1 and Katsu 2, I jsut figured you knew, and I knew, so
why bother going into the details? ;)

> asked a friend of his whom I can talk with through email (Ron doesn't
> have an email address) and was told he plans to attend this year also.
> He'd really like to meet Fred.

*nodnod* He goes to the same anime club I do, but it's been closed over
winter break, so I haven't really been able to see him.  And yes, I'd like
to meet Fred again, too. ;)

> ::quickly puts a pillow between Phillip's head and the wall::  Now,
> now...
> It doesn't do any good damaging property. ::grins::

Yeah, but it feels good.. *stops pounding head, anyway*

> My belief is that they DID ask Fred to come, since I
> conveyed an invitation and apology from last year to
> him only a week after Katsucon 3, but they haven't
> provided Fred with an airline ticket or hotel room.

Hrmph.  I forget what they'd been saying wrt getting people there, etc.  I
-do- recall the mixup last year was due to them mailing to late, and the
invite getting there -after- the Con was over... -_-;

> What sort of convention asks a guest to pay his own
> way and then expects him to "work" for them by hosting
> panels and drawing in crowds by having his name on
> their flyer??

*mmmm* One who needs help in their invite section, or the subtle
application of the the Clue mallet?  (or maybe they're just confused....
those who're in the know about such things, who isn't me, should prolly
try checkign with Fred and Katsu... we -do- have a right to getting what's
advertised, otherwise it's false and misleading...)

[Brianna wanders in carrying a 'specially modified' version of Doc Ido's
Rocket-Hammer.  "Somebody asked for the Clue Mallet?" *grin*]

um, no, brianna, we need the katsu staff to come to their senses, not
pounded all the way to Shangri-La....

[Brianna hmphs, pouts, and heads offstage with the Clue Mallet over her
shoulder.]

> Hmph, it's becoming harder and harder for
> me to get my fix also.

*nod* we need a support group. :)

--- Philip

Philip Moyer----------------Qapla'-------------pmoyer@jurai.net
"To boldly go where no one has gone before!"-Capt. J. L. Picard
"Roads? Where we're going we don't NEED roads!"-Dr. E. L. Brown
   "If it can be dreamed, It can be done."- ReRob Mandeville
"Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection, The Lovers,
---------- The Dreamers, and Me."- Kermit The Frog ------------


Anyone else out there? Anne Packrat 1/20/98 12:00 AM

> ::laughs::  I remember Ronzo.  I was the first person to ever ask him
> for a picture.  His first comission. (;-  I'm surprised you don't
> recall talking with me, Phillip.  I was with him most of the time.  I
> asked a friend of his whom I can talk with through email (Ron doesn't
> have an email address) and was told he plans to attend this year also.
> He'd really like to meet Fred.

Hey, I got a sketch offa him at Otakon!  It was an SD Ronzo!  It's very
cute, got it framed and ready for hanging.  Now I just need an FP sketch
to complement it.
--

Anne Packrat
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/8094

"Mihoshi!  I swear, I will kill you!!" - Kiyone

Anyone else out there? Anne Packrat 1/20/98 12:00 AM

> Yeah, me too.  Actually, I've been distracted a bit recently, but I
> usually check in on the group.  It's good to see a little on-topic
> traffic here.

What?  Getting tired of reading the spam?  ^_^ (or :) to those non-anime
fans)


--

Anne Packrat
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/8094

"Mihoshi!  I swear, I will kill you!!" - Kiyone

Anyone else out there? Dragen 1/20/98 12:00 AM

Anne Packrat wrote:
>
> > Yeah, me too.  Actually, I've been distracted a bit recently, but I
> > usually check in on the group.  It's good to see a little on-topic
> > traffic here.
>
> What?  Getting tired of reading the spam?  ^_^ (or :) to those non-anime
> fans)

Hey, I use my (:- smile all the time but that doesn't
mean I'm a non-anime fan! d:-  I'm just use to what
I've been using online for the best 10 years.  Hmph.

::pokes Anne to show he's not really angry just
teasing::

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragen's Den - http://members.aol.com/dragen/home.html
 Home of the Cheetah Shrine, 100 images of everyone's
  favorite werecheetah, Britanny Diggers. (Pick up a
 copy of Gold Digger someday if you haven't already.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else out there? Dragen 1/20/98 12:00 AM

Anne Packrat wrote:
>
> > ::laughs::  I remember Ronzo.  I was the first person to ever ask him
> > for a picture.  His first comission. (;-  I'm surprised you don't
> > recall talking with me, Phillip.  I was with him most of the time.  I
> > asked a friend of his whom I can talk with through email (Ron doesn't
> > have an email address) and was told he plans to attend this year also.
> > He'd really like to meet Fred.
>
> Hey, I got a sketch offa him at Otakon!  It was an SD Ronzo!  It's very
> cute, got it framed and ready for hanging.  Now I just need an FP sketch
> to complement it.

Coo, I'm glad to hear he's still attending conventions
and drawing sketches.  Are you local do the DC area,
Anne?  Will you be at Katsucon?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragen's Den - http://members.aol.com/dragen/home.html
 Home of the Cheetah Shrine, 100 images of everyone's
  favorite werecheetah, Britanny Diggers. (Pick up a
 copy of Gold Digger someday if you haven't already.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else out there? J. J. Novotny 1/20/98 12:00 AM

Dragen wrote:

> I always wondered where some of the older fans were... The circulation
>
> has increased from around 2000 to 6000 since the beginning of GD but
> from all I can see, only a few hundred fans who started with the
> series
> are still reading it (myself included with that bunch.)  Where'd the
> rest of them go? o.O
>

Well, I've been around since issue 1 and *I'm* still here. ::Pats
himself on back:: I know what you mean tho'. The whole comics business
has gone through an horrific collapse since GD #1 first came out. Some
super-hero titles are selling only about 10-20% of what they used to. A
lot of stores closed down and a lot of fans just drifted away, and I
guess some of them read GD along with their other books.

IMHO, this is actually a real testimony of GD's staying power. I mean,
over that times sales for Fred increased almost threefold. That's
excellent even in a market that isn't shrinking so much!

Looking back ... way back;
J. J.


Anyone else out there? Matt Forrestal 1/21/98 12:00 AM

jefi...@unity.ncsu.edu (Jason Eric Fisher) wrote:

>Dragen <Dra...@aol.com> writes:

>>That's it? o.O  Only 8 people, counting myself have
>>read and wrote to this board this weekend.  That's
>>not saying a whole lot, is it? o.O

>Okay, add me to the list....
>I'm just lazy about posting. :)

Yeah, me too.  Actually, I've been distracted a bit recently, but I


usually check in on the group.  It's good to see a little on-topic
traffic here.

        Matt

Matt Forrestal              :: This calls for a very special blend of
mat...@ix.netcom.com       :: psychology... and extreme violence!
mat...@pegasus.rutgers.edu :: -Vyvyan of the Young Ones-  Thank You  
MSTie #55821                :: Kindly. -Benton Fraser of Due South-      


Anyone else out there? Stuart Dawson 1/21/98 12:00 AM

Tessaria <tess...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>To set the record straight :

>This years missed con in England was due Fred's inability to obtain a
>passport in time to fly out of the country.  

Which was exactly the same reason Adam Warren gave for not making it
to last years con.... *booo, hisss and hiss some more*

Either American artists have a bit of a mental block when it comes to
national boundaries or they both heard about con chairman's personal
proclivities at the last minute....


******ITO AKEMI******KOR******TWILIGHT X******
   "Omigod!  Jamil took his sungalsses off!"
**********GOLD DIGGER******GRITSTONE**********


Anyone else out there? Dragen 1/21/98 12:00 AM

J. J. Novotny wrote:
> Well, I've been around since issue 1 and *I'm* still here. ::Pats
> himself on back:: I know what you mean tho'. The whole comics business
> has gone through an horrific collapse since GD #1 first came out. Some
> super-hero titles are selling only about 10-20% of what they used to. A
> lot of stores closed down and a lot of fans just drifted away, and I
> guess some of them read GD along with their other books.
>
> IMHO, this is actually a real testimony of GD's staying power. I mean,
> over that times sales for Fred increased almost threefold. That's
> excellent even in a market that isn't shrinking so much!
>
> Looking back ... way back;
> J. J.

::nods::  There's a huge difference in sales for the big
companies.  Marvel used to sell close to 500,000 copies
of X-Men and Uncanny X-Men before they lost their artists
to Image. (A shame they didn't lose some writers to help
those artists... most couldn't write their way out of a
paper bag)  Now Marvel's happy if a book of theirs sells
50,000.

I'm as glad as anyone that Gold Digger's sales have
increased, but they couldn't have done anything BUT
increase if it was going to remain on the market.  Look
at all the manga titles that AP dropped after getting
Robotech.  I just wonder sometimes if Fred could do
better publishing Gold Digger on his own.  Look at all
the acclaim Strangers in Paradise won after it left AP.

I've read SiP and it's a good book, but it's just not
as fun to read as GD is.  And that's the first reason
I read comics... or watch movies... or play games...
to laugh and have fun for a while before sitting down
and working on homework or going to school.

So on that thought... why isn't Gold Digger more
popular?  I've shown it to all my friends and they
like it.  From what I hear chatting with other fans,
they've also done the same.  Is the comic such a good
read that one person buys it and it's passed around
among a few friends like a good book might be?  If GD
sells 5,000 copies of it's next issue, are only 5,000
people reading the comic or is it closer to 10,000 or
15,000?  What are your experiences with the book?

Dragen


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragen's Den - http://members.aol.com/dragen/home.html
 Home of the Cheetah Shrine, 100 images of everyone's
  favorite werecheetah, Britanny Diggers. (Pick up a
 copy of Gold Digger someday if you haven't already.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else out there? Jason Eric Fisher 1/21/98 12:00 AM

Dragen <Dra...@aol.com> writes:

>::nods::  There's a huge difference in sales for the big
>companies.  Marvel used to sell close to 500,000 copies
>of X-Men and Uncanny X-Men before they lost their artists
>to Image. (A shame they didn't lose some writers to help
>those artists... most couldn't write their way out of a
>paper bag)  Now Marvel's happy if a book of theirs sells
>50,000.

Yeah, and unfortunately, now Marvel is looking even more shaky. When Marvel
finally does collapse it will take a number of small comic shops with it
(although a lot of the ones who've stayed alive so far have a good chance).
But this means that many independant titles will lose distributors.

>So on that thought... why isn't Gold Digger more
>popular?  I've shown it to all my friends and they
>like it.  From what I hear chatting with other fans,
>they've also done the same.  Is the comic such a good
>read that one person buys it and it's passed around
>among a few friends like a good book might be?  If GD
>sells 5,000 copies of it's next issue, are only 5,000
>people reading the comic or is it closer to 10,000 or
>15,000?  What are your experiences with the book?

   I got into Gold Digger because of Ninja High School. In fact, my story
is much like one posted this week. The cover with the demon mouse assaulting
Brianna in the shower has too beautiful and entertaining-looking to pass up!
And I've since collected everything except the original 4 parter, the first
7 issues of the ongoing series, and the Gold Digger Magazine, which I
apparently just missed. I've never even seen one (I'm now to the point of
immediately buying anything Gold Digger that i don't have).

   With that back ground established, I took my trades of the first dozen
issues and started circulating them through my close friends. So far I've
caused two to start buying it regularly, and two more beg to read the new
issues (they can't really afford comics). For a while there, my issues were
being read by at least 5 people! One of our problems is availablility. I can
get Gold Digger without problem. But the comic shops in Raleigh, NC do not
stock many shelf copies at all. The AP comics don't sell incredible amounts.
But they are happy to reserve copies for new subscribers. I'v been doing
what I can, but it's a hard fight.

   Gold Digger is one of a very few titles that I would choose to keep if
I became financially less advantaged. Others include Usagi Yojimbo (regardless
of current publishing company) and anything by Matt Howarth (ex. Those
Annoying Post Bros.). It's funny, I used to think black and white comics were
cheap and inferior (cut me some slack...I was 12 and far too influenced by
Marvel comics). Now I've found that my favorite books are B&W, and while some
have had occasional color issues, I prefer them B&W. From an art stand-point
I like B&W more because for the most part artists put more detail into a
black and white book (IMO). I've also seen books that degraded (again IMO)
when they went to color (ex. TMNT [the real book, not the Archie Comics]).

   Gold Digger has become deeply ingrained in my close circle of friends.
We quote Gold Digger. We dicuss Gold Digger. We debate Gold Digger. A few
of us convert Gold Digger characters into Champions characters. We buy
Gold Digger merchanise. We lament when there is no new Gold Digger at the
comic shop (Foundation's Edge for any who care). We'd be very different
without it.

Especially the Leprecauns (sp?). We love them. And their ninjas. And their
Gundam. And their shoes. And their dialogue. A lot.

Um, this started on topic, then went rambling. I think I'll stop for now.

"Cush la McCree!"

Jason
--
They say I sold my soul. We all reap what we sow.
They say I lost my way. I'll wait for Judgement Day.
And don't pray for my soul.
                    -Gary Numan, A Question of Faith
+--------------------------------------------------+
|Jason Fisher, EE Undergraduate, jefi...@pobox.com|
+--------------------------------------------------+
End of Line.

Anyone else out there? Dragen 1/21/98 12:00 AM

Jason Eric Fisher wrote:
>
> Dragen <Dra...@aol.com> writes:
>
> >::nods::  There's a huge difference in sales for the big
> >companies.  Marvel used to sell close to 500,000 copies
> >of X-Men and Uncanny X-Men before they lost their artists
> >to Image. (A shame they didn't lose some writers to help
> >those artists... most couldn't write their way out of a
> >paper bag)  Now Marvel's happy if a book of theirs sells
> >50,000.
>
> Yeah, and unfortunately, now Marvel is looking even more shaky. When Marvel
> finally does collapse it will take a number of small comic shops with it
> (although a lot of the ones who've stayed alive so far have a good chance).
> But this means that many independant titles will lose distributors.
>

Those who lived by the Marvel shall die by the Marvel.
Or so it seems.  Even as shaky as Marvel looks, they
seem to be selling their comics still.  They just need
to consolidate and just think about comics for a while
instead of worrying about putting other comic companies
out of business.

> >So on that thought... why isn't Gold Digger more
> >popular?  I've shown it to all my friends and they
> >like it.  From what I hear chatting with other fans,
> >they've also done the same.  Is the comic such a good
> >read that one person buys it and it's passed around
> >among a few friends like a good book might be?  If GD
> >sells 5,000 copies of it's next issue, are only 5,000
> >people reading the comic or is it closer to 10,000 or
> >15,000?  What are your experiences with the book?
>
>    I got into Gold Digger because of Ninja High School. In fact, my story
> is much like one posted this week. The cover with the demon mouse assaulting
> Brianna in the shower has too beautiful and entertaining-looking to pass up!
> And I've since collected everything except the original 4 parter, the first
> 7 issues of the ongoing series, and the Gold Digger Magazine, which I
> apparently just missed. I've never even seen one (I'm now to the point of
> immediately buying anything Gold Digger that i don't have).
>

But you have the graphic novels to fill in all the gaps of the story,
except
for the first appearance of GD in Mangazine?  I can't say it was Gold
Digger
that hooked me at first.  It was Fred Perry that drew my attention.  I
liked
the story he did for the first NHS Yearbook.  Since I bought just about
any-
thing manga related at the time, I was reading Mangazine when his GEAR
story
appeared there and following that, his Gold Digger series. When I saw
the ad
for Gold Digger becoming a regular series, that's when I set my mind to
make
sure I never missed an issue.  I even bought myself two copies starting
with
#3 of the ongoing series so I'd be able to scan the copy with my little
hand
held scanner and color the pictures.  The pictures I sent to Tessa's
webpage
were some of the first I ever colored.  Boy was that a long time ago.
Brings
back memories.  The cover you mentioned is still one of my favorites. I
like
the coloring Pat Duke did for it. Of course, the cover is a mistake
since it
was Brianna in the shower, not Britanny.  Gee, know how hard it is to
type a
paragraph where every line wraps at precisely the same spot?  It isn't
easy.

>    With that back ground established, I took my trades of the first dozen
> issues and started circulating them through my close friends. So far I've
> caused two to start buying it regularly, and two more beg to read the new
> issues (they can't really afford comics). For a while there, my issues were
> being read by at least 5 people! One of our problems is availablility. I can
> get Gold Digger without problem. But the comic shops in Raleigh, NC do not
> stock many shelf copies at all. The AP comics don't sell incredible amounts.
> But they are happy to reserve copies for new subscribers. I'v been doing
> what I can, but it's a hard fight.
>
>    Gold Digger is one of a very few titles that I would choose to keep if
> I became financially less advantaged. Others include Usagi Yojimbo (regardless
> of current publishing company) and anything by Matt Howarth (ex. Those
> Annoying Post Bros.). It's funny, I used to think black and white comics were
> cheap and inferior (cut me some slack...I was 12 and far too influenced by
> Marvel comics). Now I've found that my favorite books are B&W, and while some
> have had occasional color issues, I prefer them B&W. From an art stand-point
> I like B&W more because for the most part artists put more detail into a
> black and white book (IMO). I've also seen books that degraded (again IMO)
> when they went to color (ex. TMNT [the real book, not the Archie Comics]).
>

A friend of mine recently reduced his comic list to the five comics he
still
reads instead of "collecting" each month.  I'm glad Gold Digger
remainded as
one of his five.  It would be the same for me if I had to reduce down to
the
same number though I'm not sure what the other 4 would be. Probably
Robotech
while Fred is still doing "Rolling Thunder", Legion of Super-Heroes and
it's
companion title Legionaires because I know the artists and I enjoy the
book.
That leaves two others...  Milk and God of Sex^2 are bimonthly so they
count
as one.  That should be enough smut.  The last book would probably be
Maison
Ikkoku because it's my favorite Japanese manga translation.  Only thing
that
could change that would be when Studio Ironcat translates Futaba-Kun
Change.

>    Gold Digger has become deeply ingrained in my close circle of friends.
> We quote Gold Digger. We dicuss Gold Digger. We debate Gold Digger. A few
> of us convert Gold Digger characters into Champions characters. We buy
> Gold Digger merchanise. We lament when there is no new Gold Digger at the
> comic shop (Foundation's Edge for any who care). We'd be very different
> without it.
>
> Especially the Leprecauns (sp?). We love them. And their ninjas. And their
> Gundam. And their shoes. And their dialogue. A lot.
>
> Um, this started on topic, then went rambling. I think I'll stop for now.

You want to talk about rambling? I think you and I both deserve some
kind of
reward, eh? So who are your favorite Gold Digger characters? The
Lebrecauns?

Dragen (:-


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragen's Den - http://members.aol.com/dragen/home.html
 Home of the Cheetah Shrine, 100 images of everyone's
  favorite werecheetah, Britanny Diggers. (Pick up a
 copy of Gold Digger someday if you haven't already.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else out there? Dan 1/21/98 12:00 AM

Dragen <Dra...@aol.com> wrote:

>That's it? o.O  Only 8 people, counting myself have
>read and wrote to this board this weekend.  That's
>not saying a whole lot, is it? o.O
>
>Dragen

>--
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Dragen's Den - http://members.aol.com/dragen/home.html
> Home of the Cheetah Shrine, 100 images of everyone's
>  favorite werecheetah, Britanny Diggers. (Pick up a
> copy of Gold Digger someday if you haven't already.)
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey...I think I'm here...maybe... Hi Dragen!

Anyone else out there? Major Krax 1/21/98 12:00 AM

Dragen wrote:
>
> Jason Eric Fisher wrote:
> >
> > Dragen <Dra...@aol.com> writes:

I'm gonna cut out a bunch of this if ya all dont mind8)

> But you have the graphic novels to fill in all the gaps of the story,
> except for the first appearance of GD in Mangazine?  I can't say it >was Gold Digger that hooked me at first.  It was Fred Perry that drew >my attention.  I liked the story he did for the first NHS Yearbook.  >Since I bought just about any- thing manga related at the time, I was >reading Mangazine when his GEAR story appeared there and following >that, his Gold Digger series. When I saw the ad for Gold Digger >becoming a regular series,

Well, the meir fact that i got into Gold Digger was fairly odd
considdering I never cared to much for manga, Sorry guys but I had been
exposed to everything anime since I was a wee one and didnt find it as
"different' as everyone else seemed to think it was. The exception being
Dominion, which as long as Shirow doesnt try to make it like T.G.I.T.S.,
I will keep getting. I happened to pick up Gold Digger (#17 i think)
because it was sitting next to my then favorate(now tied with GD) title,
Elfquest. I was intriged so i kept getting it. Apparently it was one of
the girl's (if you can believe that) that worked there's favs and that
how it got on the shelf(interestingly enough she also had elfwuest high
on her list).


 
> >  With that back ground established, I took my trades of the first >dozen issues and started circulating them through my close friends. So >far I've caused two to start buying it regularly, and two more beg to >read the new issues (they can't really afford comics). For a while >there, my issues were being read by at least 5 people! One of our >problems is availablility. I can get Gold Digger without problem. But >the comic shops in Raleigh, NC do not stock many shelf copies at all. >The AP comics don't sell incredible amounts. But they are happy to >reserve copies for new subscribers. I'v been doing what I can, but it's >a hard fight.

I havent had so much luck getting freinds to buy Gold Digger. I have
gotten two to buy it and a couple to read it every-so-often but the
problem with most of them is that they buy somany titles already and
wont start many new ones. But ill keep trying.

> >   Gold Digger is one of a very few titles that I would choose to keep if I became financially less advantaged. Others include Usagi Yojimbo (regardless of current publishing company) and anything by Matt Howarth (ex. Those Annoying Post Bros.).

>
>>A friend of mine recently reduced his comic list to the five comics he still reads instead of "collecting" each month.  I'm glad Gold Digger remainded as one of his five.  It would be the same for me if I had to reduce down to the same number though I'm not sure what the other 4 would be. Probably Robotech while Fred is still doing "Rolling Thunder", Legion of Super-Heroes and it's companion title Legionaires because I know the artists and I enjoy the book. That leaves two others...  Milk and God of Sex^2 are bimonthly so they count as one.  That should be enough smut.  The last book would probably be MaisonIkkoku because it's my favorite Japanese manga translation.  Only thing thatcould change that would be when Studio Ironcat translates Futaba-KunChange.
> >

  If i had to cut back on titles (and wouldnt ya know it, I did have to
cut back as colledge pulls alot out of ya) It would be(and is) Gold
Digger, Elfquest, Quantum&Woody, Anything else by Fred Perry would make
up a third since so far they arnt anymore regular series yet, and a
random anthro/anime till i find something really like. I cut off x-men
and the like mainly cause it was almost required that you get 7 dif
titles to understand it(ie xmen/uncanny/excaliber/xforce). Also cut just
about anything DC or image cause everyone else around me already gets um
so i can just read theirs:).

> >    Gold Digger has become deeply ingrained in my close circle of >friends. We quote Gold Digger. We dicuss Gold Digger. We debate Gold >Digger. A few of us convert Gold Digger characters into Champions >characters. We buyGold Digger merchanise. We lament when there is no new >Gold Digger at thecomic shop (Foundation's Edge for any who care). We'd >be very different without it.
> >
> > Especially the Leprecauns (sp?). We love them. And their ninjas. And >theirGundam. And their shoes. And their dialogue. A lot.Um, this started >on topic, then went rambling. I think I'll stop for now.


>
> You want to talk about rambling? I think you and I both deserve some
> kind of
> reward, eh? So who are your favorite Gold Digger characters? The
> Lebrecauns?

Mine as many poeple know are Julia Thoe and Brittany. Julia because she
reminds me of me (i've studied self-protection extensivly and collect
lots of swords) Theo because he reminds me of a charater I made up a
long time ago that I call ParADox 3 (thats Paris Alexander Dox the
third) and Brittany cause...well, whats not to like 8).
Anyway I guess ive finnished rambling now too.

Cougar
"E Pluribus Unum"

Anyone else out there? Major Krax 1/21/98 12:00 AM

Dragen wrote:
>
> Anne Packrat wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah, me too.  Actually, I've been distracted a bit recently, but I
> > > usually check in on the group.  It's good to see a little on-topic
> > > traffic here.
> >
> > What?  Getting tired of reading the spam?  ^_^ (or :) to those non-anime
> > fans)
>
> Hey, I use my (:- smile all the time but that doesn't
> mean I'm a non-anime fan! d:-  I'm just use to what
> I've been using online for the best 10 years.  Hmph.
>
> ::pokes Anne to show he's not really angry just
> teasing::
>

Im now a bigger fan of anime than i used ta be but still not huge on it.
But i am however a neko fan so =^_^= there ya go.
Cougar

Anyone else out there? Anne Packrat 1/21/98 12:00 AM

I'm in Philly, and I go to school in Western Maryland.  I'd love to go
to Katsucon, only no room and no ride.  -_-
--

Anne Packrat
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/8094

"Mihoshi!  I swear, I will kill you!!" - Kiyone

Anyone else out there? J. J. Novotny 1/22/98 12:00 AM

Dragen wrote:

> stuff about Marvel snipped
> I'm as glad as anyone that Gold Digger's sales have
> increased, but they couldn't have done anything BUT
> increase if it was going to remain on the market.  Look
> at all the manga titles that AP dropped after getting
> Robotech.  I just wonder sometimes if Fred could do
> better publishing Gold Digger on his own.  Look at all
> the acclaim Strangers in Paradise won after it left AP.
>

It could well work for him, but self-publishing is a lot of work and
it's not for everyone. I'm not sure what Fred's business skills are
like, so I don't know how he'd enjoy it. Artists who take that route
spend much of their time marketing and dealing with distributors,
printers, et al. This might leave Fred much less time to be creative. It
would certainly be a really big decision for him, especially given his
long association with Antarctic (and he does seem to like it there).
This might be a good topic to bring up with him the next time you talk
to him. SiP got a big boost from Image and before that from Sim and the
self-publishing movement (which has pretty much died down now.) I do
agree that AP could do a much better job of promoting the book -- but
that's another story. I will say that I don't think GD "fits in" as well
with the AP line-up nowadays as it did during the '93-'96 period. In
fact, with Fred's work on GD, NHS, and ROBOTECH, he's pretty well
carrying the banner for many of AP's best books. (In fact, without Fred,
Alex Robinson, Martin Wagner, and some of what Ben's still doing, I
don't know if I'd give AP much of a look at all. I just don't like all
the work-for-hire super-hero type "product" they're producing.)

> I've read SiP and it's a good book, but it's just not
> as fun to read as GD is.  And that's the first reason
> I read comics... or watch movies... or play games...
> to laugh and have fun for a while before sitting down
> and working on homework or going to school.
>

For me, SiP is an important book, right up there with GD. I'm delighted
Terry's had so much success. You're right, however, in that very few
books can even approach GD's "fun factor".

> So on that thought... why isn't Gold Digger more
> popular?  I've shown it to all my friends and they
> like it.  From what I hear chatting with other fans,
> they've also done the same.  Is the comic such a good
> read that one person buys it and it's passed around
> among a few friends like a good book might be?  If GD
> sells 5,000 copies of it's next issue, are only 5,000
> people reading the comic or is it closer to 10,000 or
> 15,000?  What are your experiences with the book?
>

Friends who have read GD like it, but there are problems with the way
comics are marketed and sold on this continent. To put it another way,
just because someone will read a comic if it's handed to them doesn't
mean they are going to go out and buy it. Most people, even
twenty-somethings like us, give comics little or no thought at all. Most
stores do a terrible job of  presenting a wide variety of books and a
worse job of attracting new fans to their stores. Hell, most of them
don't so that good of a job in keeping the fans they do have. To get the
comics they want, fans have to wade thru a huge catalogue, place an
advance order, and head down to the store at least every two weeks or
so. That's just too much work for most  people. You have to be a
committed fan to put up with all the "overhead". Maybe tho', the push
for GD-Beta will help on an individual basis, but the biggest thing
slowing many good reads down is the inherent structure they reside in.

Far too heavy, huh?;
J. J.


Anyone else out there? Tessaria 1/22/98 12:00 AM

Dragen wrote:
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> ::bonks self on head::  Forgot to change that back.  Ah well,
> it's not like I've been keeping it a big secret that Dragen
> and StryypGia are 2 of the several names I use on AOL.  I
> just hate making such blatant mistakes. (:-

::chuckling:: Self-induced multiple personalities are so trying :D  I'm
surprised you kept it up for so long :)

T

Anyone else out there? Anne Packrat 1/22/98 12:00 AM

Er.....  I think my college is on the way.... And I might be able to get
a ride (I'll make the gyuy who got me into this in the first place take
me!) but room is the first question.  If I volunteer somewhere can I get
a place to crash?
Anyone else out there? Dragen 1/22/98 12:00 AM

Anne Packrat wrote:
>
> Er.....  I think my college is on the way.... And I might be able to get
> a ride (I'll make the gyuy who got me into this in the first place take
> me!) but room is the first question.  If I volunteer somewhere can I get
> a place to crash?

Volunteer somewhere for what?  If you volunteer to be
a gopher at the con, assuming it's not too late, they
usually have a crash space available.  Or did you mean
you'd volunteer to share the room cost? o.O

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragen's Den - http://members.aol.com/dragen/home.html
 Home of the Cheetah Shrine, 100 images of everyone's
  favorite werecheetah, Britanny Diggers. (Pick up a
 copy of Gold Digger someday if you haven't already.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else out there? Cougar 1/22/98 12:00 AM

SirStar wrote:
>
> Dragen <Dra...@aol.com> wrote in article <34C7B5...@aol.com>...

> > Anne Packrat wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm in Philly, and I go to school in Western Maryland.  I'd love to go
> > > to Katsucon, only no room and no ride.  -_-
> > > --
> >
> > Can anyone out there help a fellow GD fan?  I'm flying
> > in to Virginia from Texas so I can't offer a ride, and
> > I'm rooming with a friend in Alexandria at his house so
> > I can't offer a room either. ):-
> >
> > Dragen
>
> Well, i'm coming from Hershey, PA..... i can take 2 more people (currently
> have 3 others coming with right now) if they can get a ride up to me....
> just e-mail me for more info  =)
>
>                         Sir Star

You feel like riding up to wisconson:)
Id love to go to one of these sometime. Wish I had the cash and was
geographicly correct.

Cougar
"E Pluribus Unum"

Anyone else out there? SirStar 1/23/98 12:00 AM
Anyone else out there? Anne Packrat 1/23/98 12:00 AM

I meant  more as a gopher.
More topics »