Duplicate Location Error

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Duplicate Location Error Ben 7/30/12 2:21 PM
I have a really strange problem when uploading locations through the AdWords Editor. I will upload a batch of 1,000 locations (either ZIPs or a mix of ZIPs and radii with coordinates). When I do "Check Locations", a whole bunch of them come up as duplicates, and neither one of them will upload. I need to manually go through them and delete one of the two locations (which are now listed twice) and recheck locations; otherwise it will not upload.
I've had this on every campaign; not just one.
I have checked and double-checked my data for duplicates, and there are none. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon, and does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Ben
unk...@googlegroups.com 7/31/12 8:14 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Duplicate Location Error Ben 7/31/12 8:18 AM
Ok, I've figured out the problem. Some ZIPs translate into nearby ZIPs when doing location targeting. For example, if you enter 85285, which is a ZIP in Tempe, AZ, AdWords will change it to 85281, which is also in Tempe, AZ. These locations are about four miles apart though.

So if I have both 85285 and 85281 on the CSv which I'm uploading, it will show as 85281 twice, and neither will upload. I'm fine with only having one, because I can't imagine the four miles will make that much of a difference, but how can I circumvent this problem?
Re: Duplicate Location Error David Torres 8/6/12 2:53 PM
Hi Ben,

We don't offer AdWords Editor support in this forum, please contact general AdWords support regarding this issue.

Best,

-David Torres - AdWords API Team