Redis session manager

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Redis session manager Ido 8/1/12 10:08 AM
Hello,

It's a bit off topic, but I use it with ahn applications as well :)

I wrote a non web based session manager that can be used to develop programs even with Asterisk.
I actually wrote it for my Asterisk based applications (still written in ahn though).

The session manager is using Redis.
I'm looking for ideas on how to make an ahn plugins as well.

Anyway, additional information can be found at my blog (at the moment):
https://idkn.wordpress.com/2012/08/01/redis-session-for-ruby/

Ido
Re: [Adhearsion] Redis session manager Ben Langfeld 8/1/12 10:14 AM
Hey Ido,

Could you possibly outline some ways in which you use this? It's not immediately clear what it gives you that a plain Redis client doesn't.

Regards,
Ben Langfeld

Re: [Adhearsion] Redis session manager Ido 8/1/12 10:26 AM
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Ben Langfeld <b...@langfeld.co.uk> wrote:
Hey Ido,

Could you possibly outline some ways in which you use this? It's not immediately clear what it gives you that a plain Redis client doesn't.

At the moment it supports:
  1. Connect to Unix sockets
  2. Connect to TCP sockets, and changing the port number if needed
  3. Expiring all keys
  4. Expiring specific keys
  5. Changing expiry of a specific key
  6. Checking expiry of a specific key
  7. Saving and restoring Ruby based structures such as hashes, arrays, boolean etc…
  8. Removing keys
  9. Prefix that will be automatically added to each key name (in saving and restoring)

It was created to save you to do it by yourself, and in theory, even the database is not important, so in theory if memcached is better suited for you, it can be turned into an API that you just change the driver itself, but your code never changes except one setting.

Regards,
Ben Langfeld

Ido