Google Groups

Re: [zines aus] Digest for zine...@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Miss Helen Jul 6, 2011 5:00 AM
Posted in group: Australian Zines and Small Press
Thanks Elle.

To me, zines are so NOT about competition that I can't help but take
it light heartedly, while still respecting Simon Grey and his zine
related adventures!

I think being in self contained circles is something that I love about
zines- that your zine doesn't need to reach everyone, it doesn't have
to be in every shop that wants to sell zines, that you can cast the
nest big or keep it small.

Zine celebrity, to me, is always a bit of a crock, because the most
beautiful part of the whole zine process, to me, is so quiet and slow
and private. Making them in your bedroom, quietly photocopying and
collating them, making a quiet personal connection with readers on a
very deep level.

Anyone else? If you're reading, please feel free to chime in. We are
australian zine culture. You *are* qualified to voice your opinion, so
do, if you wanna!

www.spycore.net