Google Groups

Re: [zines aus] Re: TiNA zine market this year

aspire Aug 23, 2012 5:29 AM
Posted in group: Australian Zines and Small Press
Will I be able to sell my felt owl creations at Format?

On 23/08/2012, at 9:27 PM, KJE <> wrote:

Bravo to Luke for taking the initiative!

What the organisers need to understand is that many young writers cut their teeth writing zines. Us oldies could name many zinesters from back in the day who are now scholars, published authors and active freelance writers and bloggers. Zines matter.. so a fair that respects the ethos of the zine community matters as well. The values at the heart of the community are no different (in my view) to that of punk rock - it's all about participation, and therefore in order to honour the value of participation, all events associated with the community must be as accessible as possible.

ok, no more ranting about this from me. as others have suggested, if we are dissatisfied with TINA then lets get behind the other zine fairs such as Format who are for real.

- Kelly

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Australian Zines and Small Press" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at