Google Groups

Re: TiNA zine market this year

Tim T Aug 21, 2012 10:41 PM
Posted in group: Australian Zines and Small Press
Thanks Keren - I reckon it's still a zine fair in spite of the increased fees and insurance, etc. It's just not necessarily a good or desirable zine fair anymore though.

On Tuesday, 21 August 2012 11:32:41 UTC+10, Vanessa Berry wrote:
Hi Zine Folks,
The zines stalls at the TiNA fair this year are $45, plus you need your own public liability insurance - what do you think about this? Is is affecting your decision to have a stall or to attend TiNA? I wrote to the organisers about it and they told me "It's not the TiNA of ten years ago" - so I am trying not to feel too much like an old whinger. Still, I think it's discouraging and kind of kills the zine community aspect of the fair, which was what was good about it in the first place.
Vanessa.