Google Groups

[Fwd: Salford Zine Library]

Simon Gray Aug 24, 2011 3:19 AM
Posted in group: Australian Zines and Small Press

Hi,

I recently came across your website and thought you and your freinds may be
interested in donating to Salford Zine Library(an archive of self-published
work). Below is our information and hopefully you'd like to submit. We
accept any thing you have made or published in editions.

Salford Zine Library will be at Salford Art Gallery from 15 October 2011
to 29
January 2012 showing the archive along side some original artwork,
film showings
and workshops. Salford Zine Library is a non-profit venture which aims to
create a library of self published work from around the world for all to
access. The Library is based at Islington Mill, Salford (
www.islingtonmill.com), home to over 50 artist studios. The library also
tours the UK visiting schools, universities, public art galleries and book
fares.

I am looking to show a film at the exhibition made up of short videos that
contributers to the library have made of themselves. The video will explain
why you personally self publish and about the zines you produce. To submit
please email me your short talking head videos no longer than five minutes.
I will compile and edit these together and add captions for the finished
film. All are welcome to contribute to this project and I would like an
eclectic range of zine makers to participate covering all the genres etc. So
wherever you are making your zines it would be great to hear from you.

The Film is to show in Salford(U.K) Cardiff(U.K) Philadelphia (U.S.A) with
further showings to be confirmed.
We are looking for new contributions all the time and If you would like
your self-published work be to be featured in this upcoming exhibition
then please
post your contributions to :

Salford Zine Library
48 Landos Court