Google Groups

RE: [zines aus] tina etc

Astrogirlzarro Aug 29, 2012 9:29 PM
Posted in group: Australian Zines and Small Press
I'm also a librarian who creates/reads/loves zines.

Following on from the Clover Moore comment made by R G, the City of Sydney archives are keen to stock their archives collection with zines created by Sydney-based zinesters. The State and National libraries already have large zne collections, so if you're serious about building on a zine collection specific to Sydney, then check out this link:

This will tie in beautifully with a zine-only event organised by City of Sydney. And you're right to believe that Clover Moore will support this. Should a suit be elected, it will be the end of zine archives/events, etc and the beginning of cutbacks of all sorts.

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:35:00 +1000
Subject: [zines aus] tina etc

Library technicians love zines too [me].
Curuious about libraries like the State who have zine archives; and if Clover gets in again I'm proposing a zine-only event to her & her community events dept. Craft is lovely but it's over-availability & non-zine quality kind of deems its separateness. bex dd.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Australian Zines and Small Press" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at