Google Groups

OnStateChange not updating with custom script and external links

Mottie Jun 14, 2011 7:28 AM
Posted in group: YouTube APIs Developer Forum
Hi, I'm trying to write a jQuery plugin to control videos from various sources, so I'm trying to avoid using the YouTube API to keep from loading an extra script on the page because all I need is the play, pause and player status.

I have the YouTube API nailed down in just about all browsers but Opera (version 11.11 build 2109) Here is a demo of what I'm working on. What's happening is that the OnStateChange doesn't fire when I click on an external control (buttons), but it does when I directly click on the player. Any idea?