Google Groups

Segmentation Fault with first example in Yesod book

Prx Aug 29, 2012 2:58 PM
Posted in group: Yesod Web Framework
Hi all.

Trying out Yesod. Bought the book, installed haskell-platform 2012.2.0.0 via Homebrew on a Mac Mountain Lion, and tried the first example in ghci.

I get to "Application launched, listening on port 3000". Then launch web browser to look at localhost:3000 and end up with "Segmentation fault: 11" in the terminal.

I understand this might be something to do with GHC. Mine is 7.4.2.

Will it be problematic for me to downgrade GHC? I'm not sure how. Alternatively, can I upgrade to a GHC that fixes it? If someone can provide pointers, I'd appreciate it.