Google Groups

Re: [YARD] yard server --reload does not update the doc automatically

Loren Segal Mar 28, 2012 8:18 PM
Posted in group: YARD
Hi,

On 3/28/2012 5:48 PM, denni...@gmail.com wrote:
> After I run yard server --reload
> I can see a previously generated documentation by yard.
>
> When I make changes to one of my source files by updating the
> documentation, yard server does not reflect the new changes and I
> still see the old content when I press the refresh button.

It's important to note the caveat about reload (documented in the
WhatsNew.md document when discussing the new yard server features)...
specifically, you cannot *remove* elements when using --reload. If you
rename or delete an item in your source, YARD will still display it. To
remove items you have to purge the .yardoc db. This is expected
behaviour; it is a limitation of the reload feature. The --reload
feature is mainly meant as a quick way to preview documentation that you
write, not as a way to synchronize documentation for code.

If you are not renaming/deleting items, please file a bug at
http://github.com/lsegal/yard/issues with the code that reproduces the
issue.

Loren