Google Groups

RE: Shader Networks Disconnecting

Marc-Andre Carbonneau Apr 4, 2011 10:01 AM
Posted in group: Softimage Mailing List Archive

Just asking : is this problem fixed in Softimage 2012?!

From: softimag...@listproc.autodesk.com [mailto:softimag...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: April-04-11 12:24 PM
To: soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Shader Networks Disconnecting

So just an update, I am still getting disconnected shaders after using every fix available.

I even tried this:

-In a new scene with nothing in it, I reconstructed all my shaders from scratch.
-I imported a model of my asset with no shaders connected to it at all (scene material).
-I saved the scene
-Upon re-open, all my shaders were disconected.

I am getting a feeling that compounds are part of the issue here, as all connections were broken to and from my shader compounds only. That or my model is corrupting things, but there is no way I will re-start my asset from scratch. Any one find a fix to this issue yet? At this point the bug is costing our company a lot of money in technical down time. Sorry to bring this back up again, but this is the worst bug I have ever seen in a Softimage release and it is making work extremely difficult for us.

Matt

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Thomas Helzle <thomas...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks guys!

Thomas