Google Groups

Re: Shader Networks Disconnecting

mattaroni Mar 24, 2011 2:46 PM
Posted in group: Softimage Mailing List Archive
Thanks so much everybody for all the info and potential solutions. Soft support has been helpful as well (thanks Stephen!). At least I now have a starting point to begin troubleshooting instead of running around the department and freaking everybody out.

Cheers!

Matt

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Patrick Boucher <pbou...@patrickboucher.com> wrote:
If anyone wants to partly automate the fix proposed by eX-SI Support:
http://www.softimageblog.com/archives/590

Cheers,
Patrick

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Chris Cunnington
<byder...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks Everyone,
> Busy testing the external .xsi text fix... so far results seem promising :)
> Chris
>
> On 2011/03/15 10:53 AM, Rob Wuijster wrote:
>>
>> It's not just shader presets, so far any presets will wake up the bug in
>> my experience..
>> The latest hotfix seems to kill it, but I haven't tested it fully yet ;-)
>>
>> There's some stuff on the xsi support page on this:
>> http://xsisupport.wordpress.com/
>> Rob
>>
>> \/-------------\/----------------\/
>>
>> On 3/15/2011 09:45 AM, Darren Macpherson wrote:
>>>
>>> [
>>>
>>> Hey Chris,
>>>
>>> Its a bug.  There is a hotfix that is meant to fix it (although I have
>>> heard it might not???) and I think Stephen might have writen a script to fix
>>> it. I seems happen when you load shader presets.  I havent been following
>>> the issue too closely but if you search the list I'm sure you'll find a
>>> whole host of threads on this topic.  Sorry about the round about answer,
>>> not sure it helps much.
>>>
>>> Darren

>>> --
>>> *darren macpherson | 3d artist | +2772 355 0924 |
>>> **www.darrenmacpherson.com********| dar...@darrenmacpherson.com | **skype:
>>> darren.macpherson*

Matthew Rouleau