Google Groups

Re: ICE array cumulative sum

Guillaume Laforge Nov 14, 2011 6:15 AM
Posted in group: Softimage Mailing List Archive
Cool :)

Now, you could add support for all numerical inputs ;).
It is a little bit more complicated as you will need to use some templates in the evaluate callback. You can find an example in the SDK (in the custom Pass Through node I think).

Cheers,
Guillaume

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Alok Gandhi <alok.ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
"It is not so complicated... once you've done one."

And just to prove Guillaume's point, here is one that I built, exactly doing what Mathieu wanted at the start this thread (as he said he already wrote one).

It took me about 10 minutes, (the SDK wizards generate the base code so nicely). Of course, it goes without saying, you need some c++ knowledge, a little ICE API, and have the right compilers.

This nodes takes in a float array per point, adds array values cumulatively and output the new array. Sincerest apologies if you do not like the color of the node ; also 'fibonacci' is not a proper name for this one, as it is for natural numbers but the logic is remarkably same, so I borrowed that name.

Compiled for 64 bit, it only takes in floats and per point context but can be extended for polymorphism. If anybody is looking for some source code for writing polymorphic ICE node dealing with arrays, a good example can be found here.

Cheers !!