Google Groups

Re: [xdotool-users] Re: xdotool mousemove doesn't seem to work in NoMachine NX

Jordan Sissel Mar 1, 2012 2:35 PM
Posted in group: xdotool-users

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Harald Milz <> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 11:26:09AM -0800, Jordan Sissel wrote:
> "Warp" is the term for moving the mouse cursor. If warping is disabled, I
> don't know of a way to move the cursor. You might follow up with them to
> see if NoMachine supports XTEST, and if so, I can update xdotool to use
> that instead of warp.

It does! So if xdotool could use XTEST if it notices that other methods don't
work that would be nifty!

Ok I'll work on a patch that makes it use XTEST to move the mouse instead of XWarpPointer :)