Google Groups

Re: which wordpress shopping cart plugin would you recommend?

Dmitri Wolf Apr 10, 2012 12:56 PM
Posted in group: WordPress Austin
I was walking down my stairs one day with my open laptop balanced on one hand and a cup of coffee in the other and had a visual of the laptop slipping off my hand and bouncing down the stairs to split in two on impact with the floor at the bottom.

Later that day I bit the bullet and got a svn account at for $15 a month. Ideally you use that with subversion or git to keep versions of your projects, but it's also a good, safe, off-site way of protecting yourself from mishaps. It recently saved my butt when my isp Hostgator somehow deleted one of my sites completely (strange... they have no record that anyone deleted anything... just glad I have that backup!) It's better than Dropbox because it saves versions, and it makes it easy to click 'commit' at the end of each work day, so it's constantly up to date.

It's my favorite $15 bill to pay each month. As soon as I uploaded my code I could actually feel my blood pressure dropping.

On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:50:28 PM UTC-5, deanna wrote:
Due to a broken laptop and crooked web host (at least that is MY
opinion now), I have to rebuild two of my online shops (and two of my
blogs) from scratch. :(  I was using Zen Cart for my online shops, but
am considering using a WordPress shopping cart plugin since I already
use WordPress for my blogs.  Which of the following WordPress shopping
cart plugins would you recommend (feel free to recommend another one)?:

MarketPress Lite -
TheCartPress -
WooCommerce -
WP e-Commerce -