Google Groups

"Doomsday Preppers" series on the National Geographic Channel

Group Owner/Moderator (R. Martin) Mar 13, 2012 2:07 PM
Posted in group: Whatcom County Preppers
I recently watched a few episodes of the "Doomsday Preppers" series on NatGeo.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that they don't _only_ concentrate on what
many would see as the "nutball" prepper types. There is some real useful
information on the program, and although I disagree with some of their "expert"
assessments of each prepping group featured on the program, on the whole I think
they are pretty accurate.

I am also glad that they show a variety of "types" and "levels" of prepping,
from the armed liquor makers to the hide in a hole and eat dead animals off the
side of the road variety, to the floor-to-ceiling stockpilers of food and the
milder, garden food cultivators with no security contingencies. I also liked
the one with the firefighter who lives in an apartment in New York City, and
what his plan for civil panic will be for he and his family.

Obviously, not everyone does not live in, or can afford the opportunity to live
in a rural area and support themselves while ALSO building their desired
off-grid retreats. I'd love to be able to just buy up some land and get my
solar panels and wind turbines set up, with my temporary yurt village and
personal well water. I'd say that the people who CAN do this are fortunate, and
are for the most part—ahead of the game.

I'd be interested to hear other points of view regarding this new series!

Richard