Google Groups

Re: [webpy] Multiple level arguments, how would I do it.

罗晟 Apr 8, 2012 9:02 PM
Posted in group: web.py
Inspired me! Thanks.

But what about when the second and third parameters are not necessary?
Which means following urls need to be matched:
* /function
* /function/identifier
* /function/identifier/arg1

This puzzled me for quite a long time...

在 2012年3月27日星期二UTC+8上午2时24分18秒,PhantomXC写道:
You should just be able to handle this with a regex in the url definitions.

urls = ('/(.*?)/(.*?)/(.*?)', 'handler')

class handler:

    def GET(self, identifier, function, arg):

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a better way to do this though...

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Beau <beau...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I've been playing around with web.py and mimerender to create a little
webservice that will query other devices and respond via html/json/
xml.

What I want to do is have the url in the format of.

/identifier/function/arg1

or

/function/identifier/arg1

i've noticed get can return the url(?) via name. So this works great
for single arguments, but how would I extend this to multiple ones?.
Splitting on / seems like it would be a bad idea, and there is
probably a better way I'm overlooking.