Google Groups

Re: Where do I place fonts?

Axel Kielhorn Feb 26, 2012 8:30 AM
Posted in group: vim_mac

Am 26.02.2012 um 17:19 schrieb Eric Weir:

> On Feb 25, 2012, at 4:16 PM, retiredff wrote:
>
>> On my Mac, any new fonts I put here:
>>
>> ~/Library/Fonts/
>
> I guess I should be more specific. I'm told the gyre fonts are 'open type fonts.' Is this where I should put that that type of font?

You are using a Mac, right?

Why don't you select all the fonts, right click, open with FontBook.
This will give you some windows, one for each font family and an option to install the fonts.

In FontBook you can choose whether to install on the computer (=for all users) or for the current user.

BTW, you can only use the monospaced fonts with MacVim.

Axel