Google Groups

API manuals for each language

Tim Fox Jun 3, 2013 3:06 AM
Posted in group: vert.x
In the current Vert.x 1.x documentation on vertx.io we currently maintain a version of the API manual for each language we support.

In Vert.x 2.0 language support has been decentralised into separate optional modules, and we hope to encourage the community to develop and provide their own language implementations in the form of modules.

Bearing this in mind, and also bearing in mind that maintaining this documentation is quite a lot of work, do you think we should maintain just the core Java API manual on the website and let the users use api documentation (GroovyDoc, pydoc, jsdocs etc) to figure out how to use the apis?