Google Groups

Re: Beta testing

Heather Piwowar Mar 2, 2012 9:02 PM
Posted in group: total-impact discussion
Lovely, very helpful, thank you Lyubo.

Heather

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 1:01 AM, in...@pensoft.net <in...@pensoft.net> wrote:
Dear Heather,

Of course you can mention that Pensoft has expressed an interest in Totalimpact - because... we are really interested! :-)

I would like to confirm that I would be willing to implement the system on our forthcoming journal platform, as a part of our article-level metrics page, in case we manage to elaborate together an industry-standard workflow.

Best regards,
Lyubo

On 1.3.2012 г. 21:20 ч., Heather Piwowar wrote:
Lyubo,

I am indeed!  :)  For me it is a natural and necessary step with respect to data sharing incentives.

Question for you: May we mention publicly that Pensoft has expressed interest in working with total-impact?  (This is a public mailing list, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask anyway....)

We are making a few pitches for various things, and naming organizations who have come to us is very powerful.  We won't commit you to anything, I promise ;)

Looking forward to talking about download stats and testing.

Heather

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM, in...@pensoft.net <in...@pensoft.net> wrote:
Hi Heather!

Yes, we did meet in Vancouver in July. I didn't know you are active in Total-impact, too.

Yes, Pensoft is very interested to pilot Total-impact when the things come to the level of (nearly) industry standard. We also plan to launch our brand new publishing platform in July. So, this is the right time for testing... :-)

Good idea about the download stats. We shall discuss here how to approach the collaboration with Total-impact. You may relay on our interest  and support in that!

Best regards,
Lyubo

On 1.3.2012 г. 17:30 ч., Heather Piwowar wrote:
Daniel and Lyubomir, this is great news!

(Lyubomir, I believe we met at the Dryad board meeting in July?  Nice to meet you again in this context.)

Would Pensoft like to embed total-impact stats on its web pages?  We are in the midst of pulling total-impact's api into a form where it can scale to this sort of use.  Check out the in-progress spec here:  http://bit.ly/yl36BU

Our plan is to release this in mid-May.  Offers of testing are VERY welcome :)

Of immediate help:  have a look at the spec above and let us know what you think, is this how Pensoft would like to consume total-impact, etc.

Also of immediate help:  as Dario mentions, start working to expose Pensoft download stats, ideally via an API, so that they can be easily consumed by total-impact.

We will definitely be in touch as we get something ready to test.... also happy to Skype etc to talk more?

Heather

--
Heather Piwowar

DataONE postdoc with NESCent and Dryad
  studying research data sharing and reuse
  remotely from Dept of Zoology, UBC, Vancouver Canada
http://researchremix.org
@researchremix

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 4:30 AM, wrote:
Dear all,

I am currently visiting Pensoft Publishers (
http://www.pensoft.net/ ),
who are interested in using Total Impact metrics on their journal articles.

Any pointers as to what to do to become beta testers or otherwise
contribute (e.g. core code, code review, plugins)?

Thanks and cheers,

Daniel

--
Daniel Mietchen