Google Groups

Suggestion - Total Impact as a OpenSocial Gadget

Vanderfeesten, Maurice Nov 8, 2011 6:33 AM
Posted in group: total-impact discussion

Dear Total-Impact,

Well this is so cool, It should be made as an Open Social Gadget.

In the Netherlands SURF works with the universities together on a prototype portal based on  the OpenSocial framework. See: https://portal.surfconext.nl

How hard would it be to port your app to OpenSocial. It increases the reuse on many other  platforms. The SURFconext architecture will play a role in the deployment of cross platform communications and cloud services on many Dutch universities. My guess: Researchers and departments would love to add this type of Gadget on their portal environment.

I am lacking the development skills to make this a full-fledged OpenSocial Gadget, but I have made an iframe Gadget of Total Impact for demonstration purposes. See screenshot. (Here is the XML http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1120383/dev/final/altmetrics-totalimpact.xml )

I was wondering I you guys could help out?

Kind regards,

Maurice

| Project Coordinator Knowledge Infrastructure ICT&Research | SURFfoundation | Graadt van Roggenweg 340 | P.O. Box 2290 | 3500 GG Utrecht | The Netherlands | T +31 (0)30 234 66 00 | F +31 (0)30 233 29 60 www.surf.nl | vanderfeesten@surf.nl |