Google Groups

Researchblogging count issue

Mary Mangan Mar 8, 2012 12:11 PM
Posted in group: total-impact discussion
Hey folks--
Heather and I were chatting today in Google+, and I realized that the blog post I had seen before was not attached to the DOI we were discussing.
Lately before I write a blog post on a paper, I have been checking total-impact to see if others have talked it up. So I did that some time ago on this DOI: 10.1186/gb-2011-12-10-r102
When I did it before (probably last week) I did see this researchblogging post, which I then linked to for my piece .
But now when I look at the same DOI, I see my post—which is great—but the prior one isn’t listed. Not sure why.
I also checked it with a researchblogging post I found at Respectful Insolence and I notice the same thing—looks like a more recent post is shown, but they both reference the same DOI.  Orac’s post:
It may be something with the RB search mechanism. But I thought I’d mention it.
Mary Mangan, PhD
OpenHelix LLC
twitter @openhelix