Google Groups

Re: the 10 most dangerous religious right organizations

SkyEyes Oct 3, 2012 10:50 PM
Posted in group:
On Oct 3, 9:29�pm, prawnster <> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 3:24�pm, eridanus <> wrote:
> > It is very interesting to read.
> >
> > The 10 Most Dangerous Religious Right Organizations
> > The religious right is more powerful than ever, using its massive annual revenue and grassroots troops to promote a right-wing ideology and undermine church and state separation.
> > October 2, 2012 �|
> > The movement known as the Religious Right is the number-one threat to church-state separation in America. This collection of organizations is well funded and well organized; it uses its massive annual revenue and grassroots troops to undermine the wall of separation in communities nationwide.
> > Americans United staff members have carefully researched this movement, and here are the 10 Religious Right groups that pose the greatest challenges to church-state separation. Most of these organizations are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code, but the financial data includes some affiliated 501(c)(4) lobbying organizations operating alongside the main organizations. The figures come from official IRS filings or other reliable sources.
> > it follows more information.
> > Eridanus
> Since you're not even AmeriKKKan, based on your pisspoor command of
> English, why do you care about any of this?
> And that "wall of separation" is nowhere in the AmeriKKKan
> constitution. �Separation of church and state is a phrase made up by
> one certain imbecilic and august Supreme Kourt Justice, Oye! Oye!

...named, oddly enough, "Thomas Jefferson."

From the Library of Congress website:

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a
committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so
good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist
association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a
faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in
proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the
discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between
Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his
worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only,
& not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the
whole American people which declared that their legislature should
"make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting
the free exercise thereof," thus building a ***wall of separation
between Church & State***. [Emphasis mine - BRN] Adhering to this
expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights
of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of
those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights,
convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the
common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your
religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com