Google Groups

Re: IDE's for developing with Symfony2

James Collins Nov 7, 2011 2:55 PM
Posted in group: Symfony2 Melbourne
I've been using PHPstorm, however I'd love to find something with annotation support.

This page (http://www.symfony-zone.com/wordpress/2011/11/07/how-to-build-a-great-eclipse-environment-for-symfony2-development/) makes Eclipse look very promising. A bit reluctant to go back to the slow Eclipse days though!

James

On 5 November 2011 09:15, cammanderson <cameronm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Guys,

What IDE/editor is everyone using after having a play around with
Symfony2/PHP5.3? We have been using PHPStorm a lot (which is a
commercial product) for the last 5-6 months and it has been really
great. I was reading an article the other night that was shared about
the State of Symfony2 support in IDEs (http://www.symfony-zone.com/
wordpress/2011/11/04/the-state-of-symfony2-support-in-ides/
) and for
the second time I have heard about some really neat features for
Eclipse (like annotations support for instance). Has anyone given
Symfony2 a go in another IDE? How did they find it? Have you got
xdebug etc setup? Found it easy?

Speak soon
Cheers
Cam